Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

right now i dont have any active pimples on my face! of course i have red marks, scars, etc. but not a new break out. ive been following a low GI diet, and strictly avoiding dairy except butter. i also dont eat meat/fish/eggs. i eat lots of beans, veggies, a few apples a day, occasionally a ltitle pineapple, hummus, sometimes potatoes, salads, olive oil, some grains occasionally like whole wheat pita bread, brown rice, oats. unpasteurized apple cider, nuts, seeds, sometimes organic 85% or higher dark chocolate. ive been washing my face only with a washcloth and water. ive been taking B vitamin complex, 100 mg zinc, 500-1000 mg vit c, saw palmetto, ginger root. also drinking a lot of water. ive been getting 8-10 hrs of sleep. i also find that eating as whole and organic as possible helps. ive been cooking from scratch at lot at my boyfriends and not eating too much dining hall food. ive also been eating a lot of garlic hummus and this delicious butter from a local amish farm. the main fruit i eat is apples and i eat between 1-3 a day. if i eat something relatively high in carbs i try to eat fat/fiber/protein with it. for instance, a slice of whole grain bread with butter. banana with peanut butter. pita w/ hummus. i avoid all junk like candy, fast food, prepackaged meals, etc. now i just need to eat a little less and exercise more because i want to lose 10 lbs. :whistle:

its great though. my skin is so much less oily and i dont have to worry about waking up to new whiteheads.

:clap: GOOD FOR YOU!!! I LOVE GOOD NEWS!! :clap:

YOU ARE GIVING US HOPE!

The only thing I can say is that if you want to lose 10 lbs, eat more and exercise ALOT. Don't eat less. Don't rob your body. You just gotta burn it off and get rid of all the toxins that those fat cells are holding. Don't rob your body of nutrition (along with cut calories is cut vit/min) or youmight upset the balance.

CONGRATULATIONS! KEEP IT UP!

ok, yeah thats a good point. i noticed that when i started eating larger amounts of nutritious foods my skin got better so now i just need to exercise more i suppose. i dont like eating too too much though bc it makes me feel sluggish. i try to eat to the point that i feel neutrual, not hungry and not full, more like 2/3 to 3/4 full.

ok, yeah thats a good point. i noticed that when i started eating larger amounts of nutritious foods my skin got better so now i just need to exercise more i suppose. i dont like eating too too much though bc it makes me feel sluggish. i try to eat to the point that i feel neutrual, not hungry and not full, more like 2/3 to 3/4 full.

Great news! Oh, and I also feel that I have more energy when I eat only when I feel hungry and stop eating until I no longer am (but not full). But at the same time I really try to make sure I get enough calories from fatty things like avocados, oils, and salmon plus I've recently discovered that cocounut oil/butter (I think its the same thing) is very good because it has the good saturated fats which have shown to be beneficial yada yada lol

yeah exactly. as soon as i came back to school for spring semester i started eating that way and im honestly always full of energy and i also feel very clear headed and sharper intellectually which is good for school.

Sorry, I don't think I said "eat more"... just DON'T eat less (as you had said) but then exercise more. It takes a certain amount of fuel to have the energy to work out in order to burn fat. Its a delicate balance but I don't think reducing calories and working out is a good idea. I did this in the past because it was the mainstream thing to do (I didn't know any better) but it hurt me instead of helping me. Don't worry about any extra weight during school...it is NOTHING compared to what will happen to you if you start a dieting spiral now. I did that and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I look back and ...I wasn't even fat!!! Now my body is all messed up. I wished I had never "dieted" in my life! And older people would say "Why are you dieting? You don't need to lose weight. Here, eat this." and I just thought they were all conspiring to keep me fat. I wish somebody could've gotten through to me.