Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Has anyone tried the anti-androgen diet?

I've been on a supplement which cuts androgen activity in half. My oil has been reduced by half.

So far, we've found that certain foods stimulate androgen activity.

They are:

Citrus

Spinach

Garlic

Onion

Celery

Corn

Oats

Pine nuts

Wheat Germ Oil

Hibiscus

Coconut

Parsnips

Legumes

I noticed a lot of people say they get cysts when they eat lemons or citrus foods.

I know that garlic, spinach and onions are a daily part of my diet and my oil NEVER goes away.

Is anyone willing to try this diet for 1-2 weeks?

I'm confused. How do you know those foods stimulate androgen activity? Is this the list with the phyto-androgens? Is it possible that if you add mild phyto-androgens to your body that your body will say "Oh look at that, I've met my quota somehow so I can stop producing these now." at which point you would have less of your body's androgens? So, if that were the case, you'd want to EAT these. I mean, I think this is a really new field and alot has to be worked out first. But this is exactly the sort of thing I'm hoping to discover eventually. What supplement is working?

The supplement is called Genistein. It is isolated soy... so I wouldnt recommend it for a male. It is a very potent anti-androgen. My oil has been lessons by 50%. I suspect that if I increased the dosage, my acne might stop all together.

However, there is another person on this forum who is on a similar product... only it is isolated cauliflower, broccoli and it also slows down the production of androgens. She said that her oil has been reduced significantly, but not completely. The product is called DIM.

We are now trying to find out what foods stimulate androgens.

The supplement is called Genistein. It is isolated soy... so I wouldnt recommend it for a male. It is a very potent anti-androgen. My oil has been lessons by 50%. I suspect that if I increased the dosage, my acne might stop all together.

However, there is another person on this forum who is on a similar product... only it is isolated cauliflower, broccoli and it also slows down the production of androgens. She said that her oil has been reduced significantly, but not completely. The product is called DIM.

We are now trying to find out what foods stimulate androgens.

This is interesting: I'm reading about PCOS...and the diet they prescribe is also low in carbs and sugar.

One of PCOS' symtpoms is acne, irregular or absent menses, hair thinning, black hairs appearing on the face or body.

This is interesting: I'm reading about PCOS...and the diet they prescribe is also low in carbs and sugar.

One of PCOS' symtpoms is acne, irregular or absent menses, hair thinning, black hairs appearing on the face or body.