Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x_ShAy

The Oil Cleansing Method

Well Ive just began the OCM last night and since I'm already seeing results I thought I'd make a log and hopefully in a few weeks a success story. Ive had acne for a some years now, it began mild, then it got so bad my teachers in school were recommending accutane. During that time i used just about everything you can think of from proactive, to department store brands and nothing worked.Well I really didnt do anything about it till a few months later my doctor prescibed differin and i used up 2 tubes until I had probably like 3 pimples left, which was fine. Anyways after a while my mother told me to put on this pearl cream or something so acne marks, then my face peeled and my breakouts began all over again, but milder than what i originally started with. For the next 2 years I didnt really pay any attention to it since alot was going on. Just last year I went back to South America for a few months and when I came back my face was worse than it had even been. I ordered Murad and It completely fucked up my skin, like I literaly had a perfect line between my eye area and the rest of my face bumply blotchy and red...with makeup on...imagine without makeup. After that I gave up and I started The Acne Cure regimen, which consisted of BP, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid daily , at the same time everyday for 6 weeks. I dont even know how my skin got through that especially since i was leaving 10% BP on overnight. Well after the six weeks my acne was not gone but my huge inflamed pimples had all gone away. and I was just left with a lot of little pimples everywhere. Also, it helped reverse the damage from Murad. I tried aspirin masks but it overdried my skin too much and really had no long term effects. Well Ive been bright red ever since all those products Ive used but within half and hour of cleansing and moisturizing will oil, all of my facial redness was completely gone except little red spots where I have pimples. Im using a mixture of castor oil and jojoba oil once a day in the evening and then moisturizing with a drop of jojoba. I also want to vary between jojoba and avocado oil but Im kinda iffy about the avocado oil because I dont want it to cause a breakout. Anyways thank you all for posting all the things that have helped you, I know it all has helped me. Wish me Luck!!! :pray:

I also want to vary between jojoba and avocado oil but Im kinda iffy about the avocado oil because I dont want it to cause a breakout. Anyways thank you all for posting all the things that have helped you, I know it all has helped me. Wish me Luck!!! :pray:

yeah I saw it rates a 2 on the scale but it also has great moisturizing properties...I'll probably just keep on using the jojoba for now and wait for the results

yeah I saw it rates a 2 on the scale but it also has great moisturizing properties...I'll probably just keep on using the jojoba for now and wait for the results

I've heard alot of good things about extra virgin olive oil, I just cant find anywhere they sell it aroung where I live. I'm going to do this strictly for about a month or so to see results and if anything I'll try the mandelic acid, it looks safe :) thanks for the suggestion

Today is my fourth day on the OCM, so far im not really seeing too much of a difference with my acne but for once my skin doesnt feel irritated, it isnt red, and omg my skin is so much less oily, my nose is still just as oily but when I went to blot my checks absolutely NOTHING came out. Any other day it would have been drained with oil and makeup. And the thing is I wasnt even wearing jojoba oil since I only do it at night. Now I know for sure my skin was just dry so it was overproducing more oil. My forehead also went down just a little bit. Hope it keeps working! :dance:

Okay well its been a week...my acne has been pretty much the same...I got like 4 new pimples yesterday...the only thing I could see an improvement on is my overall skin texture...doesnt look irritated at all...maybe a little red from the washcloth steaming. Ill give this a month, it really doesnt seem so be doing anything for my acne at all, thats my main problem right now, but I will keep doing it occasionally, since my skin texture is improving alot.

Well on sunday I complete my second week...No difference in my acne and got 2 cysts on my cheek in the beggining of the week. The first one is getting smaller and the other one swollen and painful ... but on the bright side my skin looks kinda brighter AND my cheeks are virtually oil free after 5 hrs!!! my nose is still the same though but hey its better than nothing.

Tomorrow I complete my third week with the OCM. It looks pretty much the same as last week although my acne does look just slightly clearer. Not too much to see a difference in my overall complexion but I dont care if its going slow as long as it works. If I still dont see a bigger improvement I'm going to keep the OCM but add mandelic acid to the regimen, meanwhile keep on searching for something that works. I was about to try the Dr.Bronners soap, as I heard it cleared some people up completely, but then I also heard about some people saying that it completly messed up their skin because of the high alkalinity. I guess it depends on skin type but I remember trying baking soda which also has high alkalinity and I only did it once because within the first 5 seconds of having it on my face it burned soo bad, my eyes were starting to tear. My mom also tried it but to her it didnt burn one bit. Also, my oil level is the same as last week.