Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Complex

New Here, need some advice...

Well, I'm a 16 year old guy in HS. The average teen with acne I guess. Had it for about two years now. Started off a few pimples (god I hate that word, don't you all too?) and as I was naive and not thinking of consequences later on, I picked them(I don't anymore). I'm much more aware of my skin now but the crap I've tried using on it hasn't really helped. I've tried Proactiv, BP for a little while, and Retin A with Clindamycin Phosphate.

Over time my acne has become worse to a point now where I have almost no confidence anymore. I find myself in the daytime constantly looking in mirrors and worrying about dry flakes at school. Everything about acne bothers me. I hate how it's on the one part of your body that matters most. I hate how every night I go to bed with it on my mind, and wake up every morning with it still bothering me. And mostly right now, I hate the blotchyness. When the pimples aren't there, my skin still looks like crap because of the blotchy redness.

I just want to have normal skin again. Skin that has a few bumps here and there but is for the most part decent looking.

So I'm asking everyone here, where should I start now?

I'm probably going on the regimen. I just wanted some advice/feedback and maybe ideas on the blotchyness.

Here's some pics. Sorry if the resolution/lighting sucks.

dscn0278qg0.th.jpg

dscn0283nx7.th.jpg

And I really wanted to just say thanks to all you guys before I end this post. I'm more of the "sit back and read everything" kind of message board reader so I don't usually get to comment on how helpful and caring you all are. Besides the occasional idiot who comes on here worrying about the little pimple he got on his pristine forehead, all of you are true acne sufferers. You speak from experience and really want to help others. Thanks. :clap:

-Brendan

Hi Brendan

I think that you should start Dans regimen as soon as poss lots of people with acne like yours and a lot worse have had great results with the regimen and it's cheap. As for your blotchyness once the acne is under control then the red marks will fade in time.

It's the first and last thing I think of as well but I think you'll feel a lot better when you start seeing results with Dans regimen.

Good luck

eyyy bro, I too am 16 and have had a bitch of a time with acne. I have tied a lot of things but it just doesn't really work. However since being on this board (maybe like a week or something?) I have learned a lot and started a new regime. It is I put this plan into effect last Saturday, it is Wednesday here in Japan and I already have seen wicked awesome results.

First off, I am a heavy milk drinker. I drink it like an alchoholic drinks beer, it the shit to me. I eat a lot of dairy, well did. I have completely cut out dairy out of my diet. Secondly, I have been sleeping without a pillow. I drool like a slob when I sleep and make a mess in my pillow, so I find all the nasty night time crustiness is always all over my face all night. Without a pillow, it isnt.

I dunno, but this has given really good results. I have had moderate acne since about 8th grade, and today I woke up for the first time with a face clear as a bell. It all sounds unrealistic I know, but hell it feels really great to actually have clear skin. So my advice, cut out dairy, ditch the pillows. Dont wash to much.

My Regime is pretty simple. Here it is.

Morning

1. Oxypad swipe to remove oil around my face

2. Bior moisterizer and face cleanse

3. Clean Clear Deep Cleanse

4. Clean and Clear Surface Repair Cleanse

5. Coco Butter (To help minmize the flakey skin)

6. One Minicen by mouth

Evening

1. Same

Hope this helps.

eyyy bro, I too am 16 and have had a bitch of a time with acne. I have tied a lot of things but it just doesn't really work. However since being on this board (maybe like a week or something?) I have learned a lot and started a new regime. It is I put this plan into effect last Saturday, it is Wednesday here in Japan and I already have seen wicked awesome results.

First off, I am a heavy milk drinker. I drink it like an alchoholic drinks beer, it the shit to me. I eat a lot of dairy, well did. I have completely cut out dairy out of my diet. Secondly, I have been sleeping without a pillow. I drool like a slob when I sleep and make a mess in my pillow, so I find all the nasty night time crustiness is always all over my face all night. Without a pillow, it isnt.

I dunno, but this has given really good results. I have had moderate acne since about 8th grade, and today I woke up for the first time with a face clear as a bell. It all sounds unrealistic I know, but hell it feels really great to actually have clear skin. So my advice, cut out dairy, ditch the pillows. Dont wash to much.

My Regime is pretty simple. Here it is.

Morning

1. Oxypad swipe to remove oil around my face

2. Bior moisterizer and face cleanse

3. Clean Clear Deep Cleanse

4. Clean and Clear Surface Repair Cleanse

5. Coco Butter (To help minmize the flakey skin)

6. One Minicen by mouth

Evening

1. Same

Hope this helps.

Hey man, feels good to have somebody who's going through a lot of the same stuff as you. I probably don't take in as much milk and dairy products as you do, but I do sleep with a pillow and I've been thinking about just not sleeping with one. I'm gonna go see my Derm again soon, and hopefully start a new diet, cutting out all of the sugary crap I consume regularly.

Thanks for posting your regimen too, I'm gonna go find some coco butter, I've been waking up with flaky skin alooott lately. Drives me crazy.

start dans regimen brendan. im 16, and mine was slightly worse than yours. its now 'under control' after just a week. good luck, hope it works for you. just imagine that day when we wake up to find a clear face!