Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LEIGHA81

what's your fav liquid foundation for acne prone skin????

arrrhhh Mineral Maekeup I find from experience is very addictive on the skin. If I don't wear in for one day I'll break out.

I recently tried the Cover Girl trublend liquid foundation and it made me break out.

I don't need a lot of coverage I just want to wash off my makeup and not see a few new zits staring at me :( Or the worst the next morning breakout.

Pls let me now guys I do prefer the liquid

I use Maybelline's Pure Makeup on my lazy days. It's a bit more sheer, but it doesn't make me break out and it's made for sensitive acne prone skin. The colors are a bit slim, but I really like it. I have a lot of acne scarring and it covers that fine. Using a sponge will give more coverage, though it wastes more makeup than a brush or finger. I just use my fingers.

Depends on how my skin is doing.. if it's more on the dry side (winter-time) I love Clinique Superbalanced Makeup/foundation. When my skin is oilier I like bare minerals or a tinted moisturizer.

I'm never really sure if my makeup is breaking me out :shifty: (don't think so) but I currently use Revlon's Colorstay for oily/combination skin. Lasts a long time but it's not the easiest to wash off for many people.

I'm never really sure if my makeup is breaking me out :shifty: (don't think so) but I currently use Revlon's Colorstay for oily/combination skin. Lasts a long time but it's not the easiest to wash off for many people.

That stuff has great coverage, but it did make me break out when I used it on stage in late '06.

I had really good luck with Prescriptives Virtual Skin... excellent color matching and it's not too heavy, I don't think it ever broke me out.

I had really good luck with Prescriptives Virtual Skin... excellent color matching and it's not too heavy, I don't think it ever broke me out.

Yes prescriptives is great. I dont remember if Ive tried that one or not. I do know though that the red/blue virtual matte matches my skin exactly. What is your color tone for Prescriptives Virtual Skin Vanessa?

I tried Covergirl's revamped version of trublend for a week :angry: It made me break out in tons of those micro zit/sweat pimples... yuk.

I used to love colorstay, then they came out with the softflex and I hated it. The active light looks ok though...

I use Maybelline's Pure Makeup on my lazy days. It's a bit more sheer, but it doesn't make me break out and it's made for sensitive acne prone skin. The colors are a bit slim, but I really like it. I have a lot of acne scarring and it covers that fine. Using a sponge will give more coverage, though it wastes more makeup than a brush or finger. I just use my fingers.

I use the same stuff - its 50% water. I pretty HAD to switch because Maybelline discontiued my favourite foundation (one I've been using for like, 5+ years). So mad!

And as for the colour options...I'm in the middle of Light 5 and Medium 1 so I just mix them. Plus some colours are only available in the States (I think its Dark 5 and Medium 4 you can't get in Canada).

Its pretty good stuff and lasts, but it can separate if you sweat too much or get super-oily.

A lot of make-up companies are coming out with new foundations/concealers/powders that are mineral-derived.

Had anyone tried Physician's Formula? All of their products are for sensitive/acne-prone skin and are mineral-derived.

A lot of make-up companies are coming out with new foundations/concealers/powders that are mineral-derived.

Had anyone tried Physician's Formula? All of their products are for sensitive/acne-prone skin and are mineral-derived.

I used it before I started using Bare Minerals (boo hiss). It's okay. Not great, but not bad. Didn't irritate my skin, but it made my mom's flare up. Hers is super sensitive.

Of the drugstore brand mineral makeup, I would say that Covergirl Trublend mineral makeup (thought it contains Talc which often breaks people out) and Maybelline's new mineral makeup (can't remember if it contains Talc) is the closest you will get to pure EM/BE quality mineral makeup. I may be missing some brands since everyone's jumping on the mineral wagon, but I went through and read the ingredients to all the ones I could find. Color selection is tough, as usual, but I would recommend those if you don't want to make the leap for pure mineral makeup.

before i switched to minral make-up i loved mac's studio fix fluid. didn't break me out, but you need to make sure and remove it all. i use a cleansing oil, so it wasn't a problem.

clinique stay true. not quite full coverage, but i love it. i used to use revlon colorstay and it clogged me. this almost has the same coverage, but feels much better. i top it with stay matte powder and i'm good to go,

Yes prescriptives is great. I dont remember if Ive tried that one or not. I do know though that the red/blue virtual matte matches my skin exactly. What is your color tone for Prescriptives Virtual Skin Vanessa?

i'm real ivory... and multi-tasking neutral in the EM... i'm pretty white, lol.

My favorite liquid foundation is Loreal Infallible. I used to use Revlon Colorstay but I could never get it to look right. It never blended well and sometimes looked cakey, but I love Infallible. It is one of the few foundations that actually matches my skin tone.