Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience whatsoever with any laser procedures for scars not on the face. Acne related or non-acne related. I have bad acne scarring on my chest and back. It's pretty much everywhere there. It's also a grab bag of types: I have a few keloids and hypertrophic scars. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi, Hoursafter, I think you should look into things like TCA CROSS and TCA Peels as well as a medical grade dermaroller before you even consider lasers - If you do research here you will find mixed opinions on lasers. They're very expensive and don't always do all that the doctor promises, but almost everyone using TCA reports that it has greatly improved their scars. As I said in my other post, Richard from Loganwood Skincare (where I got my TCA), is treating a girl with severe cystic acne scarring on her face, chest and back with TCA CROSS, peels, needling and also fillers, and getting very good results.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience whatsoever with any laser procedures for scars not on the face. Acne related or non-acne related. I have bad acne scarring on my chest and back. It's pretty much everywhere there. It's also a grab bag of types: I have a few keloids and hypertrophic scars. Any information would be appreciated.

January, sorry I missed the first time you suggested this to me. This is the first time I ever though about that. I'm having a little trouble finding this guy you've mentioned online. My main question is what kind of scarring he's having this success with. Is it strictly pigmentation issues or texture at all?

Hoursafter, I pm'd you... :)

January, sorry I missed the first time you suggested this to me. This is the first time I ever though about that. I'm having a little trouble finding this guy you've mentioned online. My main question is what kind of scarring he's having this success with. Is it strictly pigmentation issues or texture at all?

I'll look into the TCA, I'm not sure about it for my case but would love to hear more about it's effects on body scars.

Does anyone have any other experience with body scarring procedures at all?

i'm having dermal grafts on my chest in april. i'm going to be taking photographs after the procedures so i'll keep you posted. i'll make sure to return here round that time.

What kind of body scars are you talking about? If you love them then I'm guessing you only have hyperpigmentation or something. As for the person getting dermal grafts, I would love to know what kind of scarring you have and how extensive it is. A picture right now would be great. Are they textured or just hyperpigmentation? It seems that hyperpigmentation is the biggest problem for people and that's why most people judge body scars as tame. I have to pretty extensive hypertrophic scars and a lot of those annoying white bumps mixed in the bunch.

Tell me about the dermal graft procedure. How large of an area can they do? Does it leave a different type of scar?

Jness. I just kind of looked through at your pictures. Your scarring is pretty similar to the scarring I have on my back, I see a couple of the indented areas. If it makes you feel any better mine is quite a bit more extensive. Of course it probably doesn't help. Your texture doesn't look too bad. How old are you? If you're 18 or under I might suggest waiting and seeing if you grow hair there, I have a bit of hair on my chest and it hides my chest scars pretty well. Beyond that, tanning could help hide the scars in the meantime (until you do whatever procedure it is you're doing). The redness seems to be one of your greatest issues, so maybe check out vbeam treatments or peels for it. Your texture isn't too bad, except in a few spots. How is your back?

Of course, I am still very interested in hearing about how your dermal grafts work out.

Also, I just completed a sample Fraxel spot on my back which is similar to the textured scars you have, I'm going to keep working that and if it works out I might go for the whole thing. I'll keep you posted, I'll load some pictures up here soon.