Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NessaVenasaur

Beginner Questions about Yaz

Sorry to post here but being that I need a quick answer and the slow response rate of the hormonal treatment board I had no choice :|

I'm starting Yaz tomorrow and I've been wondering if my current, successful regimen will keep away any potential breakouts caused by the BCP? Or does hormonal acne override everything?

Also, my doc gave me 6 months worth for free, but does anyone know how much one pack costs?

It definitely depends on your insurance.

With mine, it costs $30 a pack, because YAZ is a name brand, patented birth control. You can't get generics of it like you can of others. And since there are no generics, they can charge any damn thing they want. :(

Again, it depends on your insurance. I was shocked because I had just switched from Cyclessa, which I got from my university dispensary for $12. Heh.

I couldn't really say as to an initial breakout, since I started it around the same time I started Retin-A Micro and Minocycline. I didn't have an IB at all, just really dry skin for about a week.