Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_Dave_

Regimen or Proactiv

Ok ive been using clearasil for a while now, But not properly and it hasnt really done much for me, So i'd thought it search the net for more options. 1st, There is Proactiv which looks great on the ads but ive heard its not so good. On the other hand ive come across this site, which seems like a more down-to-earth treatment, plus a whole community to talk about it.

So ive got about $50 to spend, Should i spend it on a Regimen starter kit or should i go for proactiv?

Proactive would be a cheaper and quicker option cause i wouldnt have the pay the $21 shipping to Australia, But Ive heard proactive is a scam.

Proactiv can and does work for some people, it is kind of hit and miss. I use their BP and their Sulphur mask but as far as an exfoliator/cleanser I prefer Vichy Normaderm. A toner is really never necessary IMO. Patience and proper usage is the key, just be sure to use the amount specified. I have tried other BP regimens and I would personally say Proactiv works just as well. Just make sure, I know I already said this, to use the recommended amounts, only do it twice a day, and don't abuse the refining mask. Don't expect overnight results the way the infomercials show but you can expect results. And... If your skin starts to get worse give it a week or two as it may just be purging itself.

Thanks for that, This site has way more detailed info, and I Can always come on here for help so I think i'll take the Regimen :)

I didn't mean the proactiv product as the Scam as such, I mean they keep sending you the product even when you cancel, Then turn up with all these charges on your credit card for items you didnt get etc

I don't know about Australia but in Canada they have kiosk's (little sales stands) set up in all the major malls. That way you can just go and purchase as you need it. When I was younger and my mom used her credit card to buy it they stopped sending it once she cancelled. It's a pretty reputable company and I don't think they would charge you if you cancelled your membership.

Yea we dont have those in Oz. I think it'd be OK, but id rather not enter a subscription. I think ill just go with the regimen if they both have simmilar results.

The regimen is the better choice for me. It requires you to use a lot more benzoyl peroxide. When you reach the climax, you have to use a large dosage two times a day. Proactive has lots of irritating ingredients. Dan uses these products for his self and makes sure that they are perfect. I started the regimen 6 months ago and my forehead is clear and my nose is almost clear. I think I'll keep doing it for another 6 months and then gradually stop the regimen.

Thanks for that, This site has way more detailed info, and I Can always come on here for help so I think i'll take the Regimen :)

I didn't mean the proactiv product as the Scam as such, I mean they keep sending you the product even when you cancel, Then turn up with all these charges on your credit card for items you didnt get etc

The BEST proactiv has ever done for me was give me only a handful of pimples...it has NEVER EVER cleared my face. When major breakouts occurred, it rarely took care of business.

IMHO, proactiv is a waste and I hate it.

Does anyone have any ideas for what is better to use for Very, Very Mild cases of Acne? I thought Clearasil Would do the Job but Its been a year, and my skin is the same.

- Thanks.

Dave,

If your acne is very very mild, as in a pimple every now and again, I wouldn't bother with any sort of daily regimen. It's likely to be overkill, and you can easily spot treat the random pimple.

I think daily regimens are more intended for people who get daily breakouts, mild to moderate. How many pimples would you say you have on your face at any given time?

As for Proactiv vs. The Regimen, for me personally Dan's regimen wins hands down. I had tried Proactiv on two different occasions, two years apart, and both times my skin was very irritated and began breaking out worse. Many others have said the same. The cleanser is grainy and harsh and they only recommend using such a small amount of the bp lotion that it wasn't effective for me.

I would say about 5 or 6 at any given time, And they tend to group on my forehead and between my eyebrows which really annoys me. Ive been using spot treatment for nearly a year now and it does nothing.

I agree with Brandy. I'm new to this forum and to Dans regimen, about a month. Since the start I've cleared and changed my diet drastically/. I have been battling acne for years and years, I've taken all the meds and topicals. I can honestly say the diet and DKR has finally cleared me!! :dance: So I guess you know what I'd recommend.

Im not good with Imperial measurements, So I dont exactly know many mls 8oz is, But its more than you get with proactiv isnt it?

I heard a lot of negative things about proactiv, and ultimately it's what ended up working for me. I've been through lots of regimens and always stuck them out for the recommended timeframe. Proactiv completely cleared me up, and I hadn't previously been clear for about 8 years.

There are two downsides though, 1) it's expensive and 2) it can be drying, so I had to modify it a bit (only washing once a day, making sure that I moisturize both day and night).

Even though I'm a proactiv user, I'd suggest trying out Dan's regimen first. It's more affordable and if it works for you - great! :) What works for everyone is different. Give it some serious time to see if it works though, if it doesn't - I'd definitely recommend trying proactiv, my skin is super clear! :)

Thanks for the advice :) Ill give the regimen a go and see how it turns out.

Altough with the $17 shipping its about the same price as proactive for me :( and takes alot longer to get here.

Thanks for the advice :) Ill give the regimen a go and see how it turns out.

Altough with the $17 shipping its about the same price as proactive for me :( and takes alot longer to get here.