Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slick33

FINALLY!!!! Something that works!!!!

xheadshot, it's inevitable that you're going to come in contact with water. I actually wash with another cleanser using water at night since there's so much build-up on my face by the end of the day. Then I just use the Cetaphil without water when I wake up. This has worked pretty well for me thus far... I don't think you need to be too concerned about getting a little water on your face. If you do get water on your face before you apply the Cetaphil, just dry your face gently with a towel and then use the Cetaphil. Hope this helps!

The point os to not wash your face and have as little contact with water as possible. So far it has done wonders for me too. I'm oily and mild to sometimes moderate acne. I have clear skin right now and hope it stays that way.

if we use like, a washcloth to wipe of the cetaphil, wont we be getting oil and crap on the cloth and thus onto our face? will it collect and stuff?

its a really gross thought lol

When you remove the Cetaphil, you just pat it off gently with a washcloth or tissue, you don't smear it around.

The product to use is called Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It's white with a blue label. It's NOT the one for oily skin.

i just started the cetaphil ONLY thing last night. no water, bp, sa, etc. i just got a breakout the day before but i will let you guys know about my results. when i wake up in the morning my face tends to be a little greasy but other than that i have VERY dry skin. should i wash this off with water or just use the cetaphil? also i just came off of dan's regimen and my face is crazy dry. after i put on the cetaphil its still a little dry but def an improvemnt. am i doing this right or should i add more cetaphil until my face isnt dry anymore. the cetaphil absorbs pretty fast for me. i have decided to try this until dan's bp comes out.

input please.

Thanks kt! smile.gif

Im going to try a few things over the next few months, differant regimes and combinations! Lol. How about Cetaphil wash, followed by SA shower gel, then some Quinoderm 5, and then how about some Sudocrem for luck? Oh and B5 ontop, with some antibac's....... I wonder!

this is my first FULL day of using cetaphil no water twice in one day. i used it once lastnight. its def helping my dry skin, but i just read in some other boards about people having problems with this regimen. slick, are you still clear or even doing this still i would really like to know so i can make a decision on what to do. one thing i did notice a lot of the poeple who said they wre having problems with this regimen were only on it for a week tops. i am thinking these breakouts were going to occur regardless because doesnt it take a while before your acne forms? so maybe it wasnt the cetaphil that was the problem. what do you guys think?

A question for Slick and others who say that using Cetaphil without water seems to be working:

What type of acne do you have? Cystic or non-cystic? I think it makes a HUGE difference!

Cystic acne seems to be a whole different world, so it would help to know!

Just wondering... Thanks!

cmt, i dont have cystic acne i don think, cysts are the big one that hurt and are hard right? mostly my forehead, and the two corners below my mouth and the jawline in that area are the trouble areas, i basically never get any on my cheecks, nose sometimes. hope that helped

wb,

Yes, cystic acne is the acne from hell that nothing seems to kill.

](*,)

Thanks for responding smile.gif

can someone else who is doing cetaphil no water or anything else tell me what i should do here: my skin is almost completely moisturized but have some flakes. should i use a toner then do cetaphil or just keep at cetaphil and nothing more? please help me out asap. thanks.

im guessing the cetaphil just acts as a barier im sure you can was you face w/ water and then appy the cetaphil twice a day leaving it on. its gross not washing your face before you got to bed no way =;

dipitlow, i thought it was going to be really gross and unclean too. but after i used it, it felt almost better than after i normally wash my face. also, when i used water with cetaphil it dried my skin up. i used a toner to get rid of the dead skin. i going to keep doing this for a while. ill let you guys know whats up.

i've been doing this for a few days and my skin looks much better (knocks on wood). But what do i do at night before bed when my skin is oily? just put the cetaphil on top of it?

i dont really have oily skin but i would think its ok? but i use a toner before i put on the cetaphil to get rid of dead skin. just something to consider

im using the proactiv revitalizing toner. i had it left over from when i used it so i decided to try it out to get rid of the dead skin cells. i like it. also i figured out a way to avoid water while im shaving with it too. first i just apply the cetaphil to my stubble but dont rub it in just spread it around and then i shave. afterwards i use the toner to rid the access cetaphil/skincells/shaved bits of hair. then after i get my whole face with the toner i just apply the cetpahil.

what a hassel lol. I tried the proactive toner before yes it is nice very soothing. But im on spring break and im going to wetn wild tommorw ](*,) its inevitable I will get water on my face lol. Oh well at least I will be having fun than worrying about the few pimples on my forhead!

dipitlow, its not a hassle at all. its waaay better than doing the bp thing. i dont why when people read this the only thing they pay attention to is the no water. your face CAN and will get wet. im going swimming too. its the fact that the cleanser works better without it and it protects the whole day bc you dont rinse it off. also about you saying its a hassle:

normal shave/wash face:

1. wet face

2. apply shave gel

3. shave

4. wet face to get rid of left over shave gel/shaved stubble

5. use cleanser

6. wet face to get rid of access soap

7. dry

8. apply bp

9. apply moisurizer

my way (morning):

1. apply cetaphi (used as shave gel)

2. shave

3. use toner to get rid of left over cetaphil/stubble/deadskincells

4. use cetaphil no water, DONE

my way (night):

1. toner

2. cetaphil no water

you decide...

oh I dont use the dan regimen though my regimen is fairly simple and keeps my skin looking good.

Morning:

1.)Dermalogica Microexfoliant

2.)spot treat pimples w/ hydrogen peroxide

3.)Apply Clean and Clear morning glow spf (only if im going out)

Night: same thing as above minus step 3

Just wondering if anyone new is having success with the cetaphil and no water thing. I've actually been doing this for about a week with great results. I'm quite amazed. I've also been using apple cidar vinegar before the cetaphil for a few days. I'm trying to stay away from harsh acne meds. I want to stay youthful for as long as possible...

I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser already, even before I read this post, but I use water with it. Even with water it is still an awesome cleanser because it is so gentle yet cleans your skin thoroughly (all of you people who think that a cleanser must foam to get your skin clean should really get off that idea...it isn't true.)

Because of my exfoliating topical that I use at night (avita tretinoin cream), I wake up with dry patches, so I wet my face in the shower and use a wet washcloth to rub the cleanser around my face, concentrating on the dry patches. This will get rid of your flakes. Then I just rinse it off and pat my face dry when I get out.

I think the idea of leaving the cleanser on your skin and just wiping it off is a good idea, too, and I trust leaving Cetaphil on my face because I already know it is an awesome product. I am not too sure about the "patting it off" thing and the "avoiding water as much as possible" thing though...it seems like that would leave all kinds of oil and dead skin on my face that way. However, using it with water and a wet washcloth and rubbing it around, rinsing, patting dry, then reapplying and patting/wiping it off seems like a good idea to me. It's kind of like using it as a cleanser, then using it as a moisturizer also. I like this idea because after I put on my morning topical (Benzaclin) my face gets a little dry so I have to use moisturizer after that. Maybe if I used Cetaphil as a moisturizer before I apply Benzaclin, I wouldn't need a separate moisturizer.

If you don't use any kind of topicals, it is probably a perfectly fine idea to not use any water, because you are probably not going to have much dead skin on your face. Therefore simply putting the cleanser on and patting it off is probably okay.