Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slick33

FINALLY!!!! Something that works!!!!

ok, as for nighttime treatment, are you just lathering it into your skin WITHOUT WATER, or are you putting a splash of water on your face to wash off the stuff from earlier in the day, then drying your face, then putting the nighttime layer on?

i've been using cleansing using as little water as possible for a while now and it definetly makes a huge difference with the overall condition of my skin. just splash your face with just water one morning for over a minute, i know when i do this my skin feels really dry. if your cleanser is drying too then your killing your skin. I dont think its realistic to avoid water all together, just for long periods of time where the water strips away all oil on your skin. I just apply the cetaphil (or blackhead clearing scrub when i use it a few times a week) to my skin while its dry, just rub it on lightly and then splash water on my face untill its off. I dont leave the cleanser on my skin for more than 30 seconds and dont splash with water for more than 15 seconds. This seems to be doing the trick for me and my skin looks the best it has in months. If in the morning my skin feels really dry or anything i'll put on a little bit of eurecin, but a very very little bit. I wet my fingers first and then apply the thinnest layer i possibly can. Even this will make my skin look greasy so about a half hour or so later if i can i splash my face with water real quick to get rid of the shinyness. this is hardly ever necessary though if your skin is like mine, there is no substitue for your skins natural moisture... I forgot to mention that i also use benzoyl peroxide at least once a day, but i dont apply it until my skin feels good, ive noticed that applying to really dry recently cleansed skin causes a lot of irritation and more dryness, apply it when your skin feels good and moist(there has to be a better word than this) This is probally why dont need to use moisturizer as often as Dan reccomends. this his really turned into a rant so im just going to keep going with it... I was reading through the posts and noticed that someone brought up the question of why it was important to cleanse the skin in the first place. Obviously if you have acne there is something wrong and you should apply something to your skin. The salicylic acid from the blackhead clearing scrub seems to be doing the job for me in terms of clearing out pores, and benzoyl keeps bacteria at bay, the cetaphil isnt too neccesary i dont htink cause i will fall asleep without cleaning sometimes w/no big deal, but its probally best to not have shit on your skin when your sleeping on the same pillow case for a few nights in a row rubbing your skin all over it... i dunno im gonna shut up now

i tried the Cetaphil Cleanser and i didnt like it all! it broke me out.omg no water on my face i couldnt do it!

been doing this method for about a week now and it has indeed improved the complexion on my face. no new pimples to speak of as well...

Which cetaphil cleanser shall I buy? The THICK WATER type one of what? help me!! also, all i do is lather up, n wipe off? sounds good biggrin.gif i think ive heard somethin about this before.... isn't that cetaphil cleanser supposed to be used without water anyways??

its called cetaphil gentle cleanser and it comes in the blue bottle....and yes squeeze about a half-dollar sized amount into your palms and lather it up in circular motions onto your face. dont use any water.

Ive just started it and I have to use a good bit to get it all over my face.Whats this about a lather? There isnt any....its just liquidy all over the face and it more or less soaks in as I massage it so there isnt any need even to pat dry,but i do so anyway just to make it more matt looking.

I bought the 16oz sized bottle .....white with the blue sticker.

What amount have u people been using.....Im not american so can see the size of a half dollar in my mind.

Says apply a liberal amount on the bottle,so the amount u use should be plentyful so it gets all over the face to cleanse thouroghly.

Ok, well I have finally found the thing that works for me. I've tried Dan's regimen in the past, Botchla's regimen and the acne cure with BP and glycolic acid. I think they were all too harsh for my skin, which was unbearably dry and flaky and continued to break out really badly.

After having read a post here in february, I started cleansing with cetaphil morning and night, wiping it off with tissue, without water. Within a couple of days my skin started to calm down, existing spots looked much less angry and started to fade, and no new spots came up. Now, a week or so later, I am completely clear and my skin is soft and healthy-looking. I've also started to use jojoba oil as a moisturiser as my skin has a tendency to be dry.

My theory as to why this worked for me is that, although I have bad acne, my skin is very fair, dry and sensitive - never oily - and I am 30 years old, so don't have the typical teenage/greasy skin.

Give it a try - at the very least it's cheap and gentle on your skin so can't do you any harm. I was really shocked at first that this worked for me as I have had raging, severe acne ever since I was 16 and never thought a simple cleanser would make any difference - so you never know!...

All the best

Katie

Sorry, meant that to be a new topic - that's why it sounds a bit weird. Obviously, you all already know about cetaphil 'cos you're reading this post!

Having tried this regimen for a few days I found my skin not looking clean and had a gunky dead skin look to it.

I didnt like it at all so Im using the Cetaphil Bar now and water and Im looking clean now atleast anyway.

I honestly think after my experiences that people are putting far too much shit on their face trying to clear their acne and in the long run making it worse.

I think a simple routine of just washing with a cleanser and no more is enough,cause after all acne is an internal problem,so thats where the problem needs to be sorted.

You see some people on here putting 3 and 4 and more different products a day on their face.That can have serious reaction properties and in no way will that let the skin breath.

Im not using any more shit anyway,just washing and leaving it.

People....don't forget to use an SPF even if you are doing this because the sun can accentuate any marks left by acne that is going away.

what the above poster said is so true..when i think about being 14 and starting to get pimples and now being 23 and having to look in the mirror seeing my face exactly the same if not worse I know all those years of crap I put on my face did nothing or was just a temporary solution. just keep your face clean, don't touch it, don't squeeze it, maybe use a scrub and a mask lightly once every 2 weeks, drink water, treat the spot only when u have too and focus on internally, vitamins, mediaction, good diet, water, exercise, fresh air..and mentally to stop obsessing over it can actually clear your skin 100% except most of the time we just cant do it..we want it to go right there and then even though most of us have had this for 5-10 years now. i think gentle is the key and time and patience because there is no cure, it's ongoing.

Anybody else trying this?

It sounds like it has potential and it's super-easy. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Errm Im in England where would i get this from? I found one cetaphil over hear but it was in a rectangular bottle and looked weird......... It also said it was for sensitive skin and went on about alkalin soaps, i forget. Thanks

well i bought it 4 days ago, and my skin is almost clear! no more dryness, it's a lot smoother...

i got the cetaphil cleanser, the which you rinse off with water. i couldn't fid any which you DON'T rinse off. ?? :-s

anyway thisproduct is great, im sticking to it

OFF WITH SALICTIC ACID AND BP...!!

If doing nothing other then using a cleanser twice a day could clear your skin, most people wouldn't have acne in the first place. I never used harsh chemicals on my face before i developed acne, nor did i overwash it, but i still developed acne anyway.

I'm inclined to agree with hatch here. Most people's skin will start to look better after coming off of treatments such as benzoyl peroxide, AHA's, SA, topical retinoids etc. You wont develop too much new acne because acne takes time to form, and your previous treatment has given you a short window of clearness. At the same time your skin gets a chance to heal. I know my skin looked and felt a lot better when i stopped using the pro-activ system. It then proceeded to get worse then it has ever been before until i started using BP again. In the long term this cetaphil only method seems to do very little to prevent new acne from forming.

I disagree..I think everyone's type of acne is diferent. I know I never used any harsh chemicals on my face either but I do know that I've irritated it too much and using ceatphil without water is making a big difference. it own't work for everybody but I think for those with very sensitive irritable skin that just seems to get worse evreytime they wash this is the answer for at least clearer skin.

Alex Robinson - You can get the cetaphil cleanser in the UK. It's called something slightly different - 'Non Irritating Cleanser: for sensitive skin' but I checked the ingredients and they're exactly the same as the 'Gentle Skin Cleanser' the americans are using

I think some Boots do it but I got mine from www.pharmacy2u.co.uk

Good luck

Wow, Cetaphil really has done wonders for my face. I've been using it for a week and the dry patches on my skin caused by winter have finally gone away for good! I love that it doesn't leave you with a stripped feeling, but instead with a moisturized feeling. I only use this in the morning, though. By the end of the day, my face is all rough because of all the oil build-up and what not, so I use the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub to exfoliate (might not get rid of blackheads all that easily, but it exfoliates fine... just finishing it before I look into another exfoliator) and then I follow up with Kiss My Face Break Out Acne Gel. So far this regimen has been going pretty smoothly. I will let you know how things go!

i dont get it... in the morning when i take a shower, when shampooing obviously my face will get wet... is that ok?

also when i wash my hands my hands will be wet...

what do i do?

do i dry myself up with a towel first b4 doing this???

wont this overdry my face and thus make me oilier?