Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brucebruce

Almost clear using Panoxyl 10!!! But really dry skin?

Hi, I've been using Panoxyl 10 on my face for the past 10 days or so and its really cleared my skin as it has when I've used it before. But this is where the problem starts. I don't use moisturizer because the panoxyl doesn't work as well with it. When I get clear I'm left with embarrassingly dry skin, which I have at the moment. Usually I have to stop using it to let my face recover and my the time it has recovered my acne is back. But I dont want to run into this problem again so what should I do? How can I stay clear and not have dry skin?

a while back i also used to use panoxyl 10%. tbh when i was using it, id much of rather just let my acne stay where it was. i ended up with red sores on my face, and alot of dry areas.

this is due to insufficient moistrising.

i am now using panoxyl 2.5%, which i have been for the last 3 years.

and even now, i moisturize in the morning after applying the treatment. and slowly but surely my face has become clear, my back however is another story (must go to the GP about tht)

just because you believe the 10% panoxyl doesnt work as well when u moisturize, doesnt mean to say dont moisturize at all. moisturising helps the skin recover.

i use "SIMPLE hydrating moisturizer" oil free and fragrence free. makes your skin feel alot better after aplying BP, as we all know, BP does not really leave tht nice of a feel to your skin.

do you mind me asking though, how would you classify your acne?

regards steve

a while back i also used to use panoxyl 10%. tbh when i was using it, id much of rather just let my acne stay where it was. i ended up with red sores on my face, and alot of dry areas.

this is due to insufficient moistrising.

i am now using panoxyl 2.5%, which i have been for the last 3 years.

and even now, i moisturize in the morning after applying the treatment. and slowly but surely my face has become clear, my back however is another story (must go to the GP about tht)

just because you believe the 10% panoxyl doesnt work as well when u moisturize, doesnt mean to say dont moisturize at all. moisturising helps the skin recover.

i use "SIMPLE hydrating moisturizer" oil free and fragrence free. makes your skin feel alot better after aplying BP, as we all know, BP does not really leave tht nice of a feel to your skin.

do you mind me asking though, how would you classify your acne?

regards steve

please help

ia m currently started using panoxyl 10% gel and i have noticed a difference in 3 days but my face is very dry, red and a little itcy. is this normal and is it best to add a moisturizer after the panoxyl?

hope someone can help.

i have been batteling with mild acne and under skin bumps for 3 years at the age of 29, cant get Roaccuntane as i used to be epileptic.

thanks