Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LM_06

Why do so many brunettes pay to be blond?

Why do brunettes color their hair blonde?

Because the American media has programmed us to believe blond is better, they have more fun, more sex appeal, more youthfulness, and plain better. Open up a beauty magazine and all the makeover always consist of making the brunette (or redhead) blonde. It's the whole Mattell Barbie look, blonde hair, blue eyed, size DD chest. Brunettes are described as blah, mousy, and plain while blondes are simply touted as better. We are conditioned to want to be a Nordic anorexic mammary enhanced model since we are children.

Personally I think brunettes are gorgeous. The most beautiful women in the world are brunettes. I think it's great that they don't succumb to society's pressure and keep their look natural. I mean seriously, can you imagine Selma Hayek or Catherine Zeta Jones blonde? They would look so washed out. Angelina Jolie looked her best when she had her natural chocolate hair, she tends to look pale and sick with lighter hair. And Ashley Judd, dye her blonde and she'll just look like every other Hollywood actress. Even Lindsey Lohan, she looked so much better with her natural red hair than blonde.

Posh, conversely, I think looks too colorless when a brunette, although some lipstick would solve that problem.

I think she looks waaay better as a dark brunette. Back in her spice girls days she looked the best I think. She looks like a freaky barbie doll or android to me now.

Posh, conversely, I think looks too colorless when a brunette, although some lipstick would solve that problem.

I think she looks waaay better as a dark brunette. Back in her spice girls days she looked the best I think. She looks like a freaky barbie doll or android to me now.

I vote with Siouxsie on this one.

I guess I have an idea of why so many brunettes try to go blonde (eh ehm...Pam anderson, Anna Nicole, Girls next door, etc) but for me, a natural dark blonde, I wouls LOVE to have a deep deep natural brunette color. I think its more exotic than blonde...

The same reason women put butt fat into their lips... They think it will make them more attractive and they just do it.

Everyone wants to be beautiful.... people do strange things to fit into the pretty crowd.

i don't know what color my hair is :/

some people say it's dirty blonde, some say it's red (wtf?) and some say it's strawberry blonde (again, wtf??)

i'm having an identity crisis :cry:

post a pic and we will tell you!

razorconfetti, i agree you look better as a blonde. but its kinda sad that you assume natural brunettes are jealous of you. anyone can buy a box of dye and change their haircolor, that's hardly a basis for jealousy; and it's not everybody's goal to have a bunch of random guys trying to jump down their pants :lol:

http://i30.tinypic.com/219bdi8.jpg

kinda fuzzy...but it serves the purpose.

i don't know what color my hair is :/

some people say it's dirty blonde, some say it's red (wtf?) and some say it's strawberry blonde (again, wtf??)

i'm having an identity crisis :cry:

post a pic and we will tell you!

razorconfetti, i agree you look better as a blonde. but its kinda sad that you assume natural brunettes are jealous of you. anyone can buy a box of dye and change their haircolor, that's hardly a basis for jealousy; and it's not everybody's goal to have a bunch of random guys trying to jump down their pants :lol:

awww cute looking :)

i would say medium blonde

Between medium and dark. Or, I'll just go with: You look a bit lighter than my friends who I would say are definitely dark blonde.

(You're very cute, btw. :) )

I rest my case.

I don't think so. You look better and more of a natural beauty as a brunette imo, and with your light eyes, it looks fantastic.

Just sayin'. :ninja:

as a very dark brunette who went very light blonde, I can say that it's nice to change. My reasoning was more for "punk" aesthetics...I wore my platinum hair with nearly black roots and brows. I liked the way it looked. I dye my hair often, all colors.

I will say this, though...I got way more attention as a blonde and people even treated me more politely. That's something you can get used to

I rest my case.

I don't think so. You look better and more of a natural beauty as a brunette imo, and with your light eyes, it looks fantastic.

Just sayin'. :ninja:

Ditto to what Ariana said. I thought the dark hair look was really lovely and elegant with your coloring and eyes etc. I can see why you said your mom liked it best.

I'd say a darkish blonde, and it's got like a silvery shimmer, really pretty :D

I wouldn't know what color to call it - but it's really very lovely. It has a nice shine too - and looks like it would be super soft. Keep taking great care of it - because it looks great on you. :)

PS: You look like an old friend I used to have in high school - many many years ago!

Just to drive my point home a teensy bit more...

Here's a picture of me with brown hair:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8742/photo300bk7.jpg

Not bad, right? Well, check out the...

...blonde hair

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5683/dscn0095mb6.jpg

And this one?^ That's not even a very good picture of me (I was drunk as hell, lol) and you can still tell I'm hotter as a blonde.

I rest my case.

Actually, the blond picture is a far better picture. Nicer angle, nicer lighting, smiling face.

Yes, brunette is gorgeous and sultry, but it does draw attention to your complexion and features so I believe you have to be somewhat more attractive to be considered attractive as a brunette. Just my opinion!

Okay, I have GOT to put my two cents in on this one.

I am naturally a dark, dark brunette. My hair is almost black.

I, however, bleach it to the blondest blonde I can get and it looks fantastic.

Everyone, except for my mom, agrees that I look better as a blonde. When I've just gotten my roots done, it looks natural.

The key to going blonde if you've got dark hair is keeping your eyebrows nice and skinny.

Also, having walked in the world as both a brunette and a blonde, I must say that being a blonde is way, way, WAAAAAAY more fun. Sorry, fellow natural brunettes, but it's the truth. Men who never gave me a second glance when I had brown hair have literally been falling all over themselves to try to get in my pants since I've bleached my hair. It's pretty ridiculous how differently blondes and brunettes are treated.

The only people who have been less kind to me since I bleached my hair are brunette women. They give me that look that just screams, "Stupid blonde whore!" I take it in stride, of course. It's all sweet, sweet jealousy, baby. :cool:

Just to drive my point home a teensy bit more...

Here's a picture of me with brown hair:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8742/photo300bk7.jpg

Not bad, right? Well, check out the...

...blonde hair

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5683/dscn0095mb6.jpg

And this one?^ That's not even a very good picture of me (I was drunk as hell, lol) and you can still tell I'm hotter as a blonde.

I rest my case.

I like it better dark. I think it would look good somewhere in between and not so blonde - like your natural color with some highlights. That would look amazing! But you should wear it the way you like it.

I actually highlight my hair. I'd LOVE to be able to keep it my natural color (ash brown), but it doesn't look right. I hate blonde hair. I would kill to look good as a brunette, but I was born with white hair, so blonde looks best on me. I have my natural color as a base, but I need highlights.

Also, I have golden colored skin, so brown doesn't go with it (Think BritneySpears' coloring - she's now naturally a brunette but looks bad with her natural color.) Anyway, I hate blonde hair but it looks best on me. Sigh...

I'm not even gonna read this entire thread...

Quite simply, blondes are what you always see in sports illustrated, and depending on the girl (this is important), dying her hair blonde can make her look hot. But there are still plenty of brunettes/black haired girls that look great too, so do whatever makes you look the prettiest i say.

Okay, my last two cents. Most of the blondes who are famous for being blondes were/are not natural blondes. Marilyn Monroe, Britney, Jessica, etc.

I fell for the Blonde hair bit 2 years ago..

and it was terrible, because my hair is naturally pretty redish..

which (i found out from a professional) is the hardest color to bleach..

it was awful,

killed my hair-turned it to straw..

:wall:

Why you ask?

i thought it would be fun to experiment with new colors,

i found it was WAY more hassle than its worth though

and i am STILL waiting for the nasty straw hair to grow out and be gone..

what a awful experience.

but i learned,

i wasn't meant to be blonde and i wont make the same mistake again!!

Okay, my last two cents. Most of the blondes who are famous for being blondes were/are not natural blondes. Marilyn Monroe, Britney, Jessica, etc.

They all were natural blondes up until a certain age - which is really the same thing, because they all have that golden/yellow undertone to the skin that looks like crap with brown hair. I know this because I'm cursed with the same skin tone. I'd love to be a brunette - I think brown hair is so sexy.

Well I am a natural blonde.. as a child/ teenager I had platinum hair- then I thought it would be a good idea to go purple (DON'T ask) so after that my colour went from platinum to medium golden blonde naturally. So yeah I have highlights and I think it looks great, but so many of my friends have beutiful glossy brown hair that they kill with bleach! I don't get it.. it isn't about colour, it is about how you feel inside! Don't even get me started on people who say 'Ooh this colour is better ..'. Or for that matter, people who say blondes are dumb. I work for a bank in accounts so I sure as hell ain't dumb and I ain't ugly either! :)

Very interesting thread, I read the whole thing!

It has to be said that there is really something to a girl with blonde hair, especially when it's long - it gives off an impression, one which is clearly desirable for some women, its a complete attention grabber that works and works and works. I agree however that its better on some girls rather than others, I think the 'true' blonde with natural golden locks (especially curly!) is massively attractive.

Jet black hair on women is equally pretty sometimes, very intense. Its so strange that it should have such a bearing though, I mean its just hair colour at the end of the day.

Actually I read that the reason men prefer blonde hair is because it is a sign of youth... since women's hair tends to darken with age, and youth is a sign of sexual fertility, blah blah BS evolutionary psychology that is completely unfalsifiable.

Anyway I have that boring light brown hair that was very blonde when I was a kid, and I dyed it blonde as all hell all through my 20's... yes I got more attention but it was just sexual, people assumed I was as dumb as a post which I really hate. Now I get attention for being smart and interesting, which I prefer. :cool:

Oh and btw the person who asked if it's "blond" or "blonde", well in the original French blond is masculine and blonde is feminine, so if you're talking about a woman she is a blonde but a man is a blond.