Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
striving

Does dressing nice really help?

O.k, im an average looking guy but with scars and red marks. I've never wen't out and bought new clothes for anything cause I feel like whats th point. If I look bad in the face then will wearing nice clothes really make a diffrence? Girls do you like a guy who dresses sharp and with some good style, does it really make them that more attractive?

It makes you act differently and usually feel better.

Today I thought I looked too crummy and it didn't matter what I

wore or anything, but I put some nice make-up on and dressed

nicely and I feel better.

If you keep yourself put together people will think you care and

you'll just look nicer :D

I see, well personally I think I probably should start dressing better. I;m sure ill feel very uncomfrtoable in those nice clothes but I guess its probably for the best?

Just because your skin doesn't look it's best is no reason that you can't dress that skin in nice clothing. There is no rule stating bad clothes for bad skin! Besides like Effendi said, It will make you feel better about yourself and its true! Somedays even if im not going out I will get all done up even if all I am doing is sitting around lol.

Just because your skin doesn't look it's best is no reason that you can't dress that skin in nice clothing. There is no rule stating bad clothes for bad skin! Besides like Effendi said, It will make you feel better about yourself and its true! Somedays even if im not going out I will get all done up even if all I am doing is sitting around lol.

I like to shop at places like Gap. Their stuff is fairly cheap, simple and it looks good.

You don't need to spend £££ (or $$$!) to look good, neither do you need to have 20 pairs of jeans. I've got a few nice tops and a few nice jeans and some converse that I wear if I go out.

Also get a hair cut and style it maybe. Put on some nice aftershave as well.

I used to wear really shitty clothing and it made me feel unconfident when I was out and about.

I'm not into tight polo shirts either, it's like a uniform for young males when they go out.

I havent read any posts sorry for that. One thing that i know it is true, is that SELF ESTIME is one of the most important things in life. With this u can in fact conquer pretty much things in life. So...about dressing...if dressing good helps u in SELF ESTIME just do it!

O.k, im an average looking guy but with scars and red marks. I've never wen't out and bought new clothes for anything cause I feel like whats th point. If I look bad in the face then will wearing nice clothes really make a diffrence? Girls do you like a guy who dresses sharp and with some good style, does it really make them that more attractive?

Well I do like this topic !

Personally, I dont think it matters... However...

Confidence is sexy.

If youre wearing a nice outfit that makes you feel good, youre likely to be more confident, making you more attractive. This isnt always the case so, it isnt essential to dress nicely.

Id say, some woman like a well dressed man - its nice to be out in public with someone who has made an effort & scrubed up well. Try turn the tables around and put yourself in the womans position. Would you like to date a good looking/dressed woman? I think so !

Personality is always a plus though. You can get the most attractive woman - and she could till be boring. Think about it :)

Hope I kinda, sorta helped. haha ;)

Good luck !

xo

Clothes don't make the man, but they definitely do make you look better. Regardless if a guy has acne or not, if he's dressed crappy, I'm not giving him a second look. If you are single, you need to present yourself in a positive manner. What female wants a guy who dresses like a bum?

Even when my face was really badly broken out I would always dress nice and try to look stylish. My mindset was that people would concentrate on how good I looked and not how many bumps were on my face.

i say be comfortable and your confidence will shine through. Not that nicer clothes cant be comfortable, but you don't need to dress to the popular style. Everyone dresses to the popular style, but if you find a uniqueness that is only your own then you'll pop against the crowd. Not saying you have to dress extreme though you just dont have to base what you think looks good on what the store mannequins or the catalog models wear. My 2 cents.

My garb is usually graphic tee (i'm probably www.bustedtees.com best customer) and pants, or button up short sleeve with a kind of worn in westerny look. Sometimes I'll pull down a long sleeve button up pinstripe if i feel like it. I'm a sandals person as much as i can wear them. Flojos brand flip flops are the only ones i'll buy super super comfy and they last ages this last pair i've had for going on 2 years.

i say be comfortable and your confidence will shine through. Not that nicer clothes cant be comfortable, but you don't need to dress to the popular style. Everyone dresses to the popular style, but if you find a uniqueness that is only your own then you'll pop against the crowd. Not saying you have to dress extreme though you just dont have to base what you think looks good on what the store mannequins or the catalog models wear. My 2 cents.

My garb is usually graphic tee (i'm probably www.bustedtees.com best customer) and pants, or button up short sleeve with a kind of worn in westerny look. Sometimes I'll pull down a long sleeve button up pinstripe if i feel like it. I'm a sandals person as much as i can wear them. Flojos brand flip flops are the only ones i'll buy super super comfy and they last ages this last pair i've had for going on 2 years.

There is this girl who is a friend of mine.

She had terrible break out last year. It was like an explosion. This year, it has really gotten better, but there are many many many scars. Deep, pink scars all over her face.

But I have always been jealous of her. I hide behind my acne and I dress very sloppy because I figure "what is the point". I can't look people in the face and I avoid eye contact.

She, on the other hand, exudes confidence. She dresses nice, she acts like it doesn't bother her even a little. Even though her face is a lot worse than mine, I still find her very pretty.

The point of this story is, confidence really makes a difference. How you present yourself will change how people look at you. When I look at my friend, I don't pay attention to her acne and deep scars. I think other ppl bypass all of that too, when they look at her.

Some ppl are cruel, but there a many who are considerate. So if you act like you love yourself and acne doesn't bother you, other people will stop noticing it too.

She taught me that, and I'm really working to improve my self image.

I think good skin far outweighs attire in determining looks. I'd much rather date a girl with great skin who dresses terribly than a really stylish one with bad complexion. One is easy to modify, the other isn't. :(

Well if you're gonna go out to events or social affairs then don't dress sloppily. Bc that would be socially awkward. But on a day to day basis I don't think it matters much for those of us with ugly skin what we dress like, as we're not going to be flirting left and right.

There is this girl who is a friend of mine.

She had terrible break out last year. It was like an explosion. This year, it has really gotten better, but there are many many many scars. Deep, pink scars all over her face.

But I have always been jealous of her. I hide behind my acne and I dress very sloppy because I figure "what is the point". I can't look people in the face and I avoid eye contact.

She, on the other hand, exudes confidence. She dresses nice, she acts like it doesn't bother her even a little. Even though her face is a lot worse than mine, I still find her very pretty.

The point of this story is, confidence really makes a difference. How you present yourself will change how people look at you. When I look at my friend, I don't pay attention to her acne and deep scars. I think other ppl bypass all of that too, when they look at her.

Some ppl are cruel, but there a many who are considerate. So if you act like you love yourself and acne doesn't bother you, other people will stop noticing it too.

She taught me that, and I'm really working to improve my self image.

I think dressing nice ALWAYS helps the way you feel about yourself! ..think about it if youre feeling down about the way your face looks there is no reason you shouldnt feel good about the way the reast of youself looks! you will have more self worth and that always feels good;) try it:):):)

INteresting concept. Can you and Effendi recommend some current styles? Im not into the real tight polos, what are some good style that I can try out?

I could be all pimped up in the best deginer clothes and i would still look crap. I do dress pretty nice everyday and have a cool haircut cool spiked up hair at the back and on top but am ginger that does not help. Well that point am trying to make is that whatever i wear i would still like crap cuz off my acne. But maybe its different for u dude i dont know.

What female wants a guy who dresses like a bum?

What female wants a guy who dresses like a bum?

Come to my city and you'll see how many of them seem to ADORE the ones who do dress like bums. They'll go as far as to try and have a child by them.