Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
striving

Any one else look like an 80 year old?

Mild acne for many years made me try retin a- big mistake broke me out like never before and gave me the redmarks I have today and scars. Went to accutane and finished it about a month ago and while currently I only get about 1 pimple a month now, my damn cheeks especially around my smile line have a bunch of scars long line scars and I feel like my skin looks like im a senior citizen at age 20. Its so pissing me off.

My skin often looks 40 and I'm only 26. I feel your frustration!

I used to have that problem about a year ago, when I smiled, I had dozens of tiny little lines around my mouth on my cheeks from all the tiny scars after having acne for 13 years. It was worse when my skin was dry, and when it's not dry it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem. Jojoba oil seemed to help with that a lot. I've since gained a little bit of weight in the face, and so I don't see it anymore. I think part of it was I was too thin at the time too.

If you stick with it retin-a is supposed to help with scarring at 21 my skin had already started to get indentations from the amount of scarring... i'm using this thing with retinol that seems to be really helping. it's hard i know. i just turned 22 and people always think i'm 25 or older >_<

i know how u feel.. i have only been on accutance for 20days around and i already i feel my skin is getting that old look. just my smile lines on my cheeks.. its so annoying!! i hope its only temporary cos the dryness of my skin. :-(

my initial breakout is very hard and its very very difficult - i knew this may happen but f**k nothing prepares u for your skin to get worse. it has wrecked my social life etc i just have no self esteem its a nightmare

I dress like an 80-year-old. Oh, well. I was born in the wrong era :cool: .

I dress like an 80-year-old. Oh, well. I was born in the wrong era :cool: .

aw what about trying one of the mandelic acid products? I don't have personal experience, but others seem to get great results...I'm thinking of trying it myself...I don't think that my skin looks old per se, just bad from the red marks and enlarged pores...but I've read that mandelic can help with fine lines too. good luck to you!

edit: If you've just gotten off of accutane a month ago you should probably be very gentle with your skin for a while. After a 3 or 4 more months though perhaps you could try the mandelic