Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cidiv

What would happen if i were to stop using all products on my face?

I only get 4-6 pimples per week and I apply a AHA & moisturizer once every night. I eat relatively healthy. I wouldn't classify my condition as mild acne anymore, however if i eat a high amount of chocolate it would give me more pimles than usual, and then i could temporarily use the term mild acne. I am thinking of just washing my face twice with luke warm water morning and night and just using Dove summer glow 3 nights a week (it is a moisturizer that contains tanning ingredients)?

How likely would it be that i will break out if i were to do this? Is there a good chance i won't get any zits at all if i do this? Are there many poeple who have stopped all treatment on their face and then their face has got better? Cheers

Overall i think it really depends on your skin, personally.

Your skin may be allergic or irritated by the current products you are using, which results in the 4-6 a week.

It is really a monopoly. Usually i test these sort of things on long breaks such as march break and christmas break where i wont see many people.

With my own results, it helps to use the products, but not too many times :)

P.S, i apply moisturizer for my skin even on the go, when i have no evident zits cause it makes me feel refreshed. (AKA. id say there would be no reason not to)

Hope that helps :D

I just stopped using topical acne medications (but still take minocycline). My face is worse with respect to acne, but way better with respect to irritation. I had severe acne, and my face has never really gotten better than moderate with treatment, so we're a little different there, though.

For 3.5 days now I have only washed with warm water twice a day. I have noticed nice improvements!

For 3.5 days now I have only washed with warm water twice a day. I have noticed nice improvements!

I stopped using BP and AHA on my skin, although that had been the only thing that seemed to help my acne in over 10 years. I switched to a natural skin care line, and that was the best thing I ever did.

This might apply to me only, but...

I became disgruntled with the BS associated with most of the acne products and stopped using all of them cold turkey: I've been clearing up ever since. I replaced it with a process of gently applying warm-to-hot water on my face twice a day for about a minute each time. I apply the water just like the guy in the regiment video applies his BP cream: very gently rubbing the water into the face. If you plan on trying this: Make the water as hot as you can handle, but don't burn yourself!! The effects have been very promising so far!

I stopped using products on my face a while ago now and have noticed an improvement.

I wash with warm water in the morning and at night.

I only use BP on active spots and I've started to use Dove Cleansing Towlettes to remove my makeup at the end of the day.

Btw, I used Dove summer glow for a few weeks last year and found it gave me breakouts.

I stopped using acne products about 10 months ago, and will never touch one AGAIN. My acne situation has now pretty much cleared up.. and i had moderate acne. I only get the odd pimple/breakout now and then, like any ordinary teen... nothing like before. I only wash my face with warm water. I have been lazy lately and not exfoliating.

The only thing I have to work on is some red marks, which is not too big of an issue. I really do advise for you guys to try this regime and stop with your acne products. You have to give it time to work. Basically, all these years you have been using acne products, you have been loading your skin with toxins and stripping it (literally). Was nature's intention for us to lather our faces in bleaches and chemicals? I don't think so.

My theory is that many cases of acne (definitely not all) began as flare ups in our earlier teenage years, at the earlier stages of puberty. At that time, we would think that we should apply acne products to prevent the breakouts becoming worse. However, this has only made the acne worse, in the long run (for me anyway). I'm referring mainly to acne products such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and any other chemical-based product.

I hope your willing to try this regime, it might be the answer for you, like it was for me. Every acne product I ever tried always ended up doing nothing. They may have worked for the few weeks that you try them... then the acne just comes back. My suggestion is that gradually begin to reduce the amount of acne product you apply to your face, and then eliminate them. Use warm water to wash your face twice or three times a day. Exfoliate with a gentle baby brush or a microdermabrasion cloth once a week or when you feel necessary.

Initially, people that have been using acne products for years, like I had, will notice an initial breakout, possibly severe. However this is simply your "toxified" skins reaction to the lack of chemicals being applied to the skin. Over a period of a few weeks this should settle down and your face should begin the healing process. Several months in and you should be seeing quite good results, though don't expect all your acne to have disappeared. Even now, 10 months in, I still get breakouts now and then, although they quickly dry out and go away.

I hope you guys try this out, it worked for me, and it might for you too. After years of acne products, I found the answer. I know there will be many skeptics out there that are devoted to BP, SA and what not. However its these things that you think may be clearing your acne, are deep down damaging your skin and stripping it. Since the creator of this site and forum themselves endorses BP and their own range of acne products, I wouldn't be surprised if my post was deleted.

Good luck! Any questions, PM me.