Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onlyme_16

Have your red marks completely faded?

Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you have had all your red marks completely fade? If so what did you use? How many of you feel like you now have beautiful skin?

I guess you could say i'm just losing hope, and I need someone to tell me that it really can happen.

I wish I knew the answer to this. Time is the only healer I really know of.

The only thing that has ever worked on my red marks is Obagi (I use the "clear", Exoderm Forte, Blender and Retin A .25%). It's friggin' pricey but beyond worth it. My skin was never soft or smooth and I always had to wear Dermablend type foundations. I'm 36 and this is the first time since I was 13 that I can go out with no makeup on. I really can't believe it's my skin. Plus I haven't had a breakout since the 3rd week on it. bonus :angel: Most of the creams have 4% hydroquinone and you end up layering them so thats probably what works so well. And of course the retin A.

On my back i use Obagi and I just had a TCA peel. It's still too early to tell results of the peel though because I haven't peeled yet.

By the way, you can get Obagi on amazon or Ebay for a lot cheaper than retail. I tried every over the counter bleaching cream and acid (salacylic, lactic, glycolic), nothing worked until now. It's awesome.

I've tried Obagi before... it's really harsh. I don't think it does that much for red marks, it does work on anything brown though. I had a brown patch on my cheek after a bad IPL and after 2 weeks it was gone, you would have never noticed that it was there.

I've tried Obagi before... it's really harsh. I don't think it does that much for red marks, it does work on anything brown though. I had a brown patch on my cheek after a bad IPL and after 2 weeks it was gone, you would have never noticed that it was there.

Yes! I agree, it is harsh. Definitely not for the faint of heart. There are days (like today) where I think I can't take one more day of the sore skin and shedding but at the same time I don't want to stop it because my skin is so clear, with no real zits. Just a few clogged pore type things. Then of course you get the one day a week where there's no shedding lol. It's like a tease ya know? Chris, did you use it for 8,12 or 18 weeks? I'm going for the 18 I think. I'm just trying to get through it.

For me though it did work on red marks, or i should say it IS working, since I'm still using it(and melasma which was a bonus also) My cheeks and jawline had quite a few when I started. Makeup never fully covered them up and now I'm not wearing any makeup on my cheeks at all (I haven't done that it about 20 years, it's crazy. I still can't believe it). I think I have some before shots, so I'll try to find them and post them next to "after" pics in a few weeks when I finally get to go on maintenance. I'm also happy that it's cleared up my jawline acne. I occasionally get cyst type zits on my cheeks and upper lip but I think the combo of retin-a and the Blender has really helped with that. I've used Differin for 4 years and it helped also but I was never completely clear like I am now. by the way I still use Differin with the Obagi.