Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndoZ

Does cetaphil Moisturiser cause breakouts?

Hello all, :)

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on cetaphil moisturizer lotion? I find it rather greasy, and i have read some people posting it causes breakouts! I have combination skin and am looking for a good moisturiser. Any 1 Know of/use a good product i can try?

Cetaphil is a great moisterizer. I used it for years with great success i am actually thinking about going back on it.

The problem with cetaphil is that it is quite thick and people tend to used much more than they need and you end up looking shiney. Apart from that it is well worth it.

Cetaphil is a great moisterizer. I used it for years with great success i am actually thinking about going back on it.

The problem with cetaphil is that it is quite thick and people tend to used much more than they need and you end up looking shiney. Apart from that it is well worth it.

I agree. I use it also and its only "greasy" when I use too much. I love it otherwise though!

Yeah, Cetaphil is really amazing when it comes to moisturization, but like others have said, it can make you look kinda oily if you use too much. I'd take oily skin over dry skin any day, however.

I started Taz a week and a few days ago. I usually use jojoba oil and/or hyaluronic acid (& usually have oily skin, sensitive as well)... but the combination of both wasn't helping with the dryness caused by the Taz. I pulled out a tube of Cetaphil cream I had laying around and it's been good to me. If I use too much, it makes me oily. Something I've always noticed is that I get this glow from it that I love. I've never had any break outs from it. Don't know about the lotion though.

Yeah, Cetaphil is really amazing when it comes to moisturization, but like others have said, it can make you look kinda oily if you use too much. I'd take oily skin over dry skin any day, however.

Agreed, Finding the right balance is the Key.. :redface:

It causes breakouts for some people and not others. I have incredibly sensitive skin and it does cause breakouts for me.

I wouldn't say it caused me to break out. I think it's a very effective moisturiser just too greasy for my liking.