Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have just stopped Roaccutane so my skin is not oily at the moment but this is my sencond course and I know that my horrilbe oily skin will probably return slowly. my derm is isuggesting that i use an oil free moisturising sunscreen but not to moisturise my T-sone shere I had my main acne problem. Can anyone recommend a VERY light sunscreen for this area that is oil-free but not moisturising ?????

Also, I have been using QV wash for a cleanser that is very gentle and cheap but it is for dry and sensitive skin. I am still very sensitive but progressively I will not be so dry now. Last time I used Garnier Feel Clean Cleanser but i don't think I really like it in the long run (my skin got really bad again though not sure exactly what coused that or if it was preventable). Should I stick with the QV if I am not moisturising my T-zone or does anyone have any other recommendations?? QV is Ph neutral by the way.

I feel one of the key factors in not having my acne return is to control the oil factor of my skin and the other is the hormonal side. Any tips would be very helpful.

Also, what about AHA's to control oil???

I'm just going to toss up a link for the spray on 29 block I've been using. I spritz it in my palm and rub it in. There aren't many ingredients, you can have a look, see what you think. I have oily skin. I always had problems wearing sunscreens, so far this one has been my favorite.

http://www.dianayvonne.com/c=RwmE14vDQrzJF...Spray_2_oz.html

Oh, & congratulations on finishing your course of accutane! :cool:

Shiseido Extra smooth sun protection cream SPF 36(in US) or SPF 38(in canada) keeps the skin matte all day long.But a good oil based cleanser is required to remove it.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...p;ci_sku=734665

Shiseido

Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 36 PA+++

1.9 oz:

Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Xylitol, Glutathione, Sodium Glutamate, Zinc Myristate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Thiotaurine, Ectoin, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Dextrin Palmitate, Isostearic Acid PEG-150, Calcium Stearate, Aluminum Distearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alcohol, Silica, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

Hey guys, I'd like to recommend this sunscreen that I find very good. It's Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear SPF30+.

There are many reasons why I like it.

1. It is suitable for acne-prone skin (says so on the website). The product, however, it doesn't state that it is oil-free or non-comedogenic. I certainly didn't break out from it though.

2. It is a physical sunscreen that stays on top of the skin without being absorbed into the bloodstream like chemical sunscreens do. I read that active ingredients in chemical sunscreens can be similar in structure to female hormones and affect the body when absorbed.

3. It contains a high percentage of zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is sometimes used in acne treatment because it is anti-inflammatory and promotes healing.

4. A lot of zinc oxide products leave a white sheen that looks unnatural. Previously the older version of this product was like this and I didn't like it because I'm a guy and it feels like I have make up on. This newer version looks really natural because of the tint.

5. It isn't oily and after leaving it on for some time, it seems to dry my zits out.

6. Zinc oxide is the best in protecting against UVA and UVB rays.

I am not sure if this product can be found in the US or other countries, but I'm living in Australia and it can be found in many pharmacies and beauty places. The model for this product is Megan Gale, who is a famous Australian model, and her picture on the sunscreen packaging was why I noticed it in the first place :D

Just a suggestion for those who want a good sunscreen.

Yes, the Shiseido is oil-free, and it can actually be somewhat drying to skin. MAC makes Prep + Prime SPF 50, which is one of my favorite mattifying sunscreens, but it's rather pricy. Neither of these has much in the way of beneficial ingredients outside of the sun protection, though.Keep in mind that zinc oxide can be a pore-clogger for some people, while chemical sunscreens can sometimes irritate sensitive skin.

If your skin tolerates chemical sunscreens, though, don't overlook a formula with stabilized avobenzone. I've heard great things about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch, for example, and it's got a good assortment of antioxidants to boot.

You guys are legends. I will look into all of these. I am in Australia too so will take a look at Megan Gales line though I think it may be heavier than the others. I am currently lookin into the Skinceuticals line. I used to use their cleanser and moisturiser (years ago) and loved it though it was a bit pricey. I will see how I go with them but love all the recommendations as it will give me somewhere to go should I not like Skincuticals sunscreen.