Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SakuraHime

Lobster Face

i have been having the same problem with dkr. my face will start out a normal color, then about 3-4 hours into the day the part around my mouth gets really red and chapped-looking. it's embarrasing! this emo oil looks interesting, although i have a question if someone who knows what they're talking about could help me out! you say it thickens the skin, and dan's regimen is designed so you use enough bp to penetrate all the way into the skin right. thats why its so effective...so if emo oil thickens the skin wouldn't that make it more prone to breakouts since the bp wont be going as far? do you guys know what i mean? sorry if i rambled on and on but i think this might be a pretty appropriate question haha....let me know! thanks!

I was supposed to get my package in the mail today and guess what? They send it to another house... :( Now I probably have to wait another week for lurebeauty to resend me another one...

Anyway, how much emu oil moisturizer do you use? And are you back to using the full finger amt of bp as well?

Aw..I hate it when that happens!

I use about 1.5-2 squirts of Emu oil at night. They say a few drops, but I like to cover my whole face at night. It helps to get the flakes off and really soothes my skin. It doesn't take very much though. Remember that I use a normal moisturizer and then the emu oil. It seems to give the best results for me.

i have been having the same problem with dkr. my face will start out a normal color, then about 3-4 hours into the day the part around my mouth gets really red and chapped-looking. it's embarrasing! this emo oil looks interesting, although i have a question if someone who knows what they're talking about could help me out! you say it thickens the skin, and dan's regimen is designed so you use enough bp to penetrate all the way into the skin right. thats why its so effective...so if emo oil thickens the skin wouldn't that make it more prone to breakouts since the bp wont be going as far? do you guys know what i mean? sorry if i rambled on and on but i think this might be a pretty appropriate question haha....let me know! thanks!

I don't think that the emu oil thickens the skin so much that the BP couldn't penetrate. I haven't had any trouble with the effectiveness of my BP. The emu oil seems to help the skin become a lot healthier and to me it seems more resistant to acne. Now that I think of it, I have only gotten a few small pimples (from PMS) and usually I'd get a fairly large one and a few little ones. The only difference in my routine has been the Emu Oil...hmmm....

I don't think that the emu oil thickens the skin so much that the BP couldn't penetrate. I haven't had any trouble with the effectiveness of my BP. The emu oil seems to help the skin become a lot healthier and to me it seems more resistant to acne. Now that I think of it, I have only gotten a few small pimples (from PMS) and usually I'd get a fairly large one and a few little ones. The only difference in my routine has been the Emu Oil...hmmm....

okay thanks a lot that makes me feel much better about getting emo oil. i think i will try it. hopefully it helps with red chapped skin in the winter too..

I was supposed to get my package in the mail today and guess what? They send it to another house... Now I probably have to wait another week for lurebeauty to resend me another one...

Rynie,

Oh no, they sent it to the wrong house? I never had any problems with lurebeauty - You should email them, they respond pretty quickly and have great customer service.

I was supposed to get my package in the mail today and guess what? They send it to another house... Now I probably have to wait another week for lurebeauty to resend me another one...

Rynie,

Oh no, they sent it to the wrong house? I never had any problems with lurebeauty - You should email them, they respond pretty quickly and have great customer service.

I don't know its been a week since they shipped the package and USPS hasn't delivered it yet... doesn't first class mail take a few days? But yea lurebeauty responded pretty quick.

In the meanwhile I'm applying bp after I moisturize.. seems to be less irritating?

Lurebeauty was quick to reply to me but I was mistaken... I got my stuff today so I edited my previous posting...

Alright I tried the emu oil with the moisturizer and it was too much moisturizing - got to the point when it was almost irritating... Now I just use the emu oil on its own and it really does a great job.

I notice that my face reddened up again though... but there's no more stinging which I used to get from using BP and the DKR moisturizer... Maybe my redness is from the scotch tape exfoliating method I was using tonight though... hopefully tomorrow there won't be any....

To Sakurahime:

Did your redness go away immediately? Or did it take a few applications?

To Dancinggirl:

Thanks! You're a sweetheart :)

Alright I tried the emu oil with the moisturizer and it was too much moisturizing - got to the point when it was almost irritating... Now I just use the emu oil on its own and it really does a great job.

I notice that my face reddened up again though... but there's no more stinging which I used to get from using BP and the DKR moisturizer... Maybe my redness is from the scotch tape exfoliating method I was using tonight though... hopefully tomorrow there won't be any....

To Sakurahime:

Did your redness go away immediately? Or did it take a few applications?

To Dancinggirl:

Thanks! You're a sweetheart :)

My skin is always super dry in the winter and that's why I use both a moisturizer and emu oil. ^-^ Hmm...the redness might be due to the scotch tape exfoliating. I don't use that method.

My redness subsided pretty quickly. I noticed a lot of improvement the first time and even more after using it for a while.

I hope it really helps you too! ^_^

I don't know why, but everytime i apply DKR moisturizer after BP it stings like crazy... Next time I'ma try cetaphil lotion and then emu oil... But yeah redness is still there...:( I guess there's improvement some but is this as good as it gets? Or will the redness go away completely eventually?

Yup I think I'll not put bp for a while... my acne was never too severe anyway... besides this emu oil stuff is like a miracle lotion or something anyway...

I cannot use the DKR moisturizer in the morning. It REALLY irritates my skin. >.< I'm not going to buy it again, but I feel like I'd be throwing my money away if I didn't finish it, so I use it at night to moisturize along with Emu oil.

Try eliminating the DKR moisturizer...it seems to make my skin super red. Emu oil does make the redness go down though. I love the stuff!

I'm trying to apply BP only on at night to see if I'd break out...twice a day feels like I'm overdoing it sometimes. I tried this once before, but I wasn't using skin-friendly make up at the time. I break out even when I use just a little bit of make up that isn't natural. -_- Darn finicky skin! So I'll see if using BP only at night will make a difference in break outs *crosses fingers*.

I want to order some of that Emu Oil soap sometime!! I got a free sample with my purchase and it seems fantastic! :D

Hey not trying to hijack your thread, but I was searching the forum for good moisturizers and I came across an old thread about Camellia Oil, and how it was better than jojoba and emu oil. As much as I like emu oil I just spent the entire day reapplying it to the corners of my mouth - plus my face is slightly red... Damnit all these oils purport themselves to be the be-all end-all of beauty products!

BTW do ya'all massage the oil in? I know we're supposed to be gentle on the regimen but emu oil doesn't seem to penetrate quickly enough when I just gently move it around...

You may have to give it some time ; once i started using it consistently, I was never dry or red anymore. You can put it on and let a layer of it sit on your face; it will usually "suck" into your skin layers within some time but you could apply extra if you are staying home for the night or overnight. I use it with the Super CP Serum which helps to regenerate your skin cells and give you a healthy glow.

You may have to give it some time ; once i started using it consistently, I was never dry or red anymore. You can put it on and let a layer of it sit on your face; it will usually "suck" into your skin layers within some time but you could apply extra if you are staying home for the night or overnight. I use it with the Super CP Serum which helps to regenerate your skin cells and give you a healthy glow.

May I ask what regiment you use? ^_^ Have you tried any of Lure Beauty's acne products?

I do ... I use lurebeautys LacSal serum (they have the Dr pickart skin biology products) .. My skin has never looked so good. The acne active cleansing gel is great also.

I might try both of those products. Do you use BP at all or just those products you name and Emu Oil?

Thanks!! ^_^

I just use the lacsal serum along with the super cp serum and emu oil; i stopped breaking out completely after using it consistently :)

Cool! I might buy those and check them out...Do you use them twice a day? What kind of face wash do you use?

Sorry for all the specific questions! ^^;; Thanks for your patience and willingness to share!

This emu oil, is it more effective than jojoba oil at releaving redness in the face. I used jojoba oil before without any luck of helping with redness.