Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkyflower

Will the effect be the same??

HI all, I was wondering if taking 20mg every day for 8 months will have the same effect as 40mg every day for 4 months.

If you do the math, it's the same amount of mg in the end.

The reason I ask is because I have Rosacea, and thus, can't take 40mg a day because it's too much for my skin. In fact, I had started an Accutane course in the summer with 40mg. A month after starting, my Rosacea exploded so I had to stop the Accutane. Thus, I know for a fact that 40mg is too much.

P.S. I weigh 100 lbs

I know it will be much more expensive but...my skin is worth it!!

the explosion does not mean its too strong! it means its working! Those who suffer from acne get the same problem and for many at the exactly the same time you said it happened to you (one month)

the explosion does not mean its too strong! it means its working! Those who suffer from acne get the same problem and for many at the exactly the same time you said it happened to you (one month)

Sorry but I guess I wasn't too clear with my previous message...

I did not explode with acne. Actually, my acne almost dissapeared by about week 2.

What I mean by my Rosacea "exploding" is that I did not have Rosacea before. I actually started to develop symptoms in the midst of my Accutane course and today, 6 months later, the Rosacea is still there.

I know for a fact that many Rosaceans who take Accutane for acne do take it in very small doses for longer periods.

So...just wondering if what "counts" in the end of an Accutane course are the Mg in TOTAL.