Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss5800

A question about my dermatologist prescribed regimen

Hey guys,I suffer from moderate acne and i started seeing a derma about 8 months ago. He finally got me on a decent regimen, ive been on it for about 5 months now. It seems to be working alright so far. It has gotten better through the months espeically since about a week ago, it seems to be keeping my acne away better. Less breakouts. But its still not where i want it to be. i have red spots, not pimples. anb small less notcible breakouts along my jawline and mt forehead and around my mouth. Basically nothing on my cheeks. Heres my regimen at the moment.

Doxycycline 50 mg twice a day.

Retina-a Micro(This is the most powerful one out, The purple tube, It was prescribed to me for my crazy oily face.)

Now heres my questions, I feel that i should move my Doryx pills up to 100 mg twice a day...Good/bad?

And i also feel that i should use a antibiotic for preventing future breakouts, Like Clyndamycin? (My friend is having good luck on it.)

I hear that retina is just a retinoid, (not sure what that means) And that its not really for preventing acne, An antibiotic cream is needed.

Tell me what you guys think.

Hey guys,I suffer from moderate acne and i started seeing a derma about 8 months ago. He finally got me on a decent regimen, ive been on it for about 5 months now. It seems to be working alright so far. It has gotten better through the months espeically since about a week ago, it seems to be keeping my acne away better. Less breakouts. But its still not where i want it to be. i have red spots, not pimples. anb small less notcible breakouts along my jawline and mt forehead and around my mouth. Basically nothing on my cheeks. Heres my regimen at the moment.

Retina-a Micro(This is the most powerful one out, The purple tube, It was prescribed to me for my crazy oily face.)

Now heres my questions, I feel that i should move my Doryx pills up to 100 mg twice a day...Good/bad?

And i also feel that i should use a antibiotic for preventing future breakouts, Like Clyndamycin? (My friend is having good luck on it.)

I hear that retina is just a retinoid, (not sure what that means) And that its not really for preventing acne, An antibiotic cream is needed.

I'm taking Doryx which is doxy but extended release and took 2 100mg pills a day. My derm told me to kick it down to one pill when my face improved so I did after about 1.5 months. After a week and a half of taking 1 pill, my face broke out really bad so yesterday I moved it back up to 2-100mg pills a day .

I'm taking Doryx which is doxy but extended release and took 2 100mg pills a day. My derm told me to kick it down to one pill when my face improved so I did after about 1.5 months. After a week and a half of taking 1 pill, my face broke out really bad so yesterday I moved it back up to 2-100mg pills a day .

that is exactly what my derm prescribed...But I got the .05% retin a and was to take 75mg of dox a day (or mino...he said whichever one was cheaper)...I don't have any input because my visit was about 2 days ago!

keep us posted on how it goes...I will too...

btw, my face is really oily too...