Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brittanyy

make up and products

i have rosacea, im just a teenager and it sucks to have it. i went to the dermo and they told me to use: morning-klaron, finacea then aveeno moisturizer then at night-cetaphil(cleaning sensitive thing) then klaron then edil i think.

i tried so many makes up to try to hide the redness. im using prescriptive's concealer, foundation, and powder.

any other advice what to do?

cause i am tired of the redness.

Hi Britany,

I have mild-moderate Rosacea and it's a bummer, but tolerable. I've had it for about 10 years. It's not curable, but treatable.

Getting treatments (Intense Pulse light), good and effective topicals, and gentle skincare should help keep your Rosacea from progressing. Finding the right topicals, Metrogel, Finacea, etc... that work for you and your skin can be challenging. I use Finacea in the morning mixed with a little bit of my moisteriser. Then I put on a primer and oil free makeup. I use Laura Mercier, but Prescriptives is good also. Just as long as the makeup isn't irritating your skin or breaking you out it should be fine. I've read a few posts about Everyday Minerals.... I may check that out for quick makeup, or who knows, it could be the bomb of all bombs of makeup?! At night, I use this new lotion/cream that recently came out by Triax Pharmaceuticals. It's called Lumeris - Pyratine 6. It's for Rosacea, and is non-irritating and non-acnegenic. I've used it two weeks so far and it does reduce redness and irritation some. Better than Kinerase.

Good luck and hang in there.

Yvette

i use the finacea in the morning. intense pulse light? whats that? my dermo didn't tell me about metrogel, she thinks it got better, but i don't see her that much anymore. is everyday minerals for rosacea? where do you get the triax pharmaceuticals?

Hi Britany,

I have mild-moderate Rosacea and it's a bummer, but tolerable. I've had it for about 10 years. It's not curable, but treatable.

Getting treatments (Intense Pulse light), good and effective topicals, and gentle skincare should help keep your Rosacea from progressing. Finding the right topicals, Metrogel, Finacea, etc... that work for you and your skin can be challenging. I use Finacea in the morning mixed with a little bit of my moisteriser. Then I put on a primer and oil free makeup. I use Laura Mercier, but Prescriptives is good also. Just as long as the makeup isn't irritating your skin or breaking you out it should be fine. I've read a few posts about Everyday Minerals.... I may check that out for quick makeup, or who knows, it could be the bomb of all bombs of makeup?! At night, I use this new lotion/cream that recently came out by Triax Pharmaceuticals. It's called Lumeris - Pyratine 6. It's for Rosacea, and is non-irritating and non-acnegenic. I've used it two weeks so far and it does reduce redness and irritation some. Better than Kinerase.

Good luck and hang in there.

Yvette

Even though I have not always been a fan of Mineral makeup, I've finally learned how to apply it to cover my redness, scars and blemishes. Cysts, not so much. ain't nothing going to hide those.

I use emu oil first, let sit for 5 minutes then use a green tinted primer. Let sit and then a waterproof concealer (I use Stila, it doesn't budge). then I out a very light layer on first. Let sit, then a second layer and then Mineral Silk powder. It gives me a close to flawless complexion, no redness showing including those broken blood vessels. I'm finding that most liquid foundations are breaking me out, so I'm going with minerals for now. I have to mix shades to get the right color, but it works.