Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalalaloopsy

What supplement is best at normalizing hormones?

I think hormones (along with bad digestion) are the cause of many of my problems. I'm thinking about taking Saw Palmetto but I want to know what other supplements normalize hormones well? TIA!

I think hormones (along with bad digestion) are the cause of many of my problems. I'm thinking about taking Saw Palmetto but I want to know what other supplements normalize hormones well? TIA!

I have a lot of crazy hormone problems, so feel free to talk to me about anything related to that. I'm seeing an amazing doctor who has me taking quite a bit of stuff, all which is fabulous.

-yaz birth control

-enzyperfect

-glucoperfect

-Norwegian salmon oil

-vitaperfect

-calcium, magnesium, potassium

For enzyperfect, glucoperfect, and vitaperfect, you can get them online: http://www.nutraperfect.com

Exercise is really important too, as is water and sleep.

Mojube, I checked your profile and you are only 16. Please do not take Saw Palmetto or Anything to alter your hormones. You are young and have alot ahead of you. Things change for the better and things change for the worse. But at your age, rest assured that things DO change. Anything you do now could make everything worse for you for a very, very, very long time. For now, be patient with your body. Please. I was there. I was where you are now. I made some mistakes. I should have just lived my life and waited.

BTW, saw palmetto is primarily used by men for prostate problems and (usually unsuccessfully) to grow hair on their head in the case of MALE Pattern Baldness. You are a 16 year old girl. I recommend you stay away from saw palmetto. Please spend that money on something fun instead. Be patient, honey, please.

BTW, saw palmetto is primarily used by men for prostate problems and (usually unsuccessfully) to grow hair on their head in the case of MALE Pattern Baldness.

BTW, saw palmetto is primarily used by men for prostate problems and (usually unsuccessfully) to grow hair on their head in the case of MALE Pattern Baldness.

Which are caused by the same hormone that causes acne: DHT.

But I would change your diet and take a B-complex and zinc first. There's also vitamin C which among many other things, helps adrenal function:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=170228&hl=

Which are caused by the same hormone that causes acne: DHT.

But I would change your diet and take a B-complex and zinc first. There's also vitamin C which among many other things, helps adrenal function:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=170228&hl=

Indeed. But I have never heard of its use for acne. Mostly it is an herb used by men trying to stop their balding. For women, Saw Palmetto's use is occasionally for hirsutism associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I think that existence of POS should be confirmed first before just jumping in and using the herb. (As well as an informed decision of the condition and possible treatments.) Using it for acne is probably just a waste of time and herbs are sometimes very potent. The hormonal development that takes place in the teen years is both critical and volatile...no point to just start throwing every herb there is at it. It sometimes must run its course before treating...otherwise you can throw a wrench in the mechanism for years to come. IMHO

I think the vit B and zinc suggestions are grade A.

I have polycystic ovary syndrome and have no idea what Saw Palmetto is...

Indeed. But I have never heard of its use for acne. Mostly it is an herb used by men trying to stop their balding. For women, Saw Palmetto's use is occasionally for hirsutism associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I think that existence of POS should be confirmed first before just jumping in and using the herb. (As well as an informed decision of the condition and possible treatments.) Using it for acne is probably just a waste of time and herbs are sometimes very potent. The hormonal development that takes place in the teen years is both critical and volatile...no point to just start throwing every herb there is at it. It sometimes must run its course before treating...otherwise you can throw a wrench in the mechanism for years to come. IMHO

I think the vit B and zinc suggestions are grade A.

I have polycystic ovary syndrome and have no idea what Saw Palmetto is...

My cholesterol is very low, I don't know about taking phytosterols. However, if I started adding a certain amount of avocado to my spinach shake everyday, do you think over time it would help any? And how much avocado would you recommend per day or per week?

My cholesterol is very low, I don't know about taking phytosterols. However, if I started adding a certain amount of avocado to my spinach shake everyday, do you think over time it would help any? And how much avocado would you recommend per day or per week?

How much it would help would depend on your hormone levels and/or how over sensitive your receptors are. But you can eat an avocado every day as long as you aren't allergic.

nah i think an avocado has around 250-300 calories depending on the size. wonderful for the skin, at least in my experience.