Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichig0

What kind of acne do I have?

I was just wondering what type of acne I have and what are the recommended products should I use to clear up my skin?

http://i25.tinypic.com/kci0t0.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/6h3kib.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/iqc741.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/23tkobr.jpg

I've been on DKR on and off for a year. I assumed I had acne so just applied BP it all over my face. And moisturize my entire face.

Currently I am using baby brush method with Cetaphil cleanser and Neutrogena oil free moisture mixed Aloe Vera Gel 98% as moisturizer. I just started this regimen yesterday.

I forgot to mention I'm still 18 and lift weights 3x a week and cardio 3x a week. I follow a strict diet that allows me to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Which include flax seed oil/fish capsules.

Thanks for the help!

Very very mild. Your cheeks seem to be a bit red, could be from the BP. However, when I started using Aloe Vera gel, I found it burned my face like crazy. I was crab red within minutes...

It seems to me that you have mild acne - I, of course, recommend the DKR (I've been on it for years) but BP is not for everyone. I think the fish oil and flax seeds supplements are a good idea - alot of people see really great results when they mix topical treatments with vitamins - kind of a two tiered approach to acne, as it were.

Questions: How long were you on the DKR, and how long, generally, did you spend off it before you went back? Have their been any other treatments you've tried? If you're doing the baby brush method, I think you're using the right cleanser with Cetaphil - you'll want something really gentle as to not over irratate your skin with the exfoliation.

It seems to me that you have mild acne - I, of course, recommend the DKR (I've been on it for years) but BP is not for everyone. I think the fish oil and flax seeds supplements are a good idea - alot of people see really great results when they mix topical treatments with vitamins - kind of a two tiered approach to acne, as it were.

Questions: How long were you on the DKR, and how long, generally, did you spend off it before you went back? Have their been any other treatments you've tried? If you're doing the baby brush method, I think you're using the right cleanser with Cetaphil - you'll want something really gentle as to not over irratate your skin with the exfoliation.

Maybe stick to what you just started (baby brush, etc)? It looks like you've made some good progress, and it would suck to mess that up with something that doesn't agree with your skin. If the baby brush is irritating ends up being too irritating, you could try a chemical exfoliant like BHA/salicyclic acid (Paula's Choice is popular) or AHA (Aqua Glycolic and Alpha Hydrox are popular).

I think see what you're talking about, but I don't really know what they are. I have a lot of them, and I just started assuming they were some sort of scar, but maybe they're not. If you find something that helps them, I'm all ears. :)

With my clogged pores, I either can't see anything and crap just starts coming out of them when I exfoliate, or they look like tiny bumps beneath my skin. Generally, when pores look distended and enlarged, there's some gunk in there that's begging to be removed, too.