Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest grace028

Does 'The Regimen work???

Guest grace028

I was just wondering ...

I have mainly non-inflammatory acne with the occasional pustule, and veryyy occasional cyst. I have so many clogged pores...under the skin whiteheads and blackheads. I was wondering if Dans Regimen works for non-inflammatory acne? Or is it just for inflamed acne?

Thanks

I don't know about the non inflammatory acne, but it worked for me when it came to white heads. Since white heads and black heads are just different phases of the shame thing, it should work for black heads too. It is very worth trying out.

I think it is much more effective for inflamed acne. I think a couple of reasons it may not work as well on non-inflamed acne are: 1. The BP isn't strong enough to induce suffcient amounts of peeling, which is something that helps clear non-inflamed acne. 2. It doesn't contain an exfoliant (at least the basic version doesn't - some people add a glycolic to their regimen). Dan posted a link to a regimen that may be better for noninflamed acne. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

Here is the link:

http://www.acne.org/non-inflamed-acne-regimen.html

This regimen was created by my esthetician from the acne clinic I go to. It works great for me.

Guest grace028

Thanks!! The only problem is...i do get the odd pustule and cyct, and redness. Therefore..i dont think im suppose to do this regimen. :S not too sure about that

Thanks!! The only problem is...i do get the odd pustule and cyct, and redness. Therefore..i dont think im suppose to do this regimen. :S not too sure about that

How often do you get inflamed spots? Are they generally in one area of your face or do you get them in lots of different areas? I get a little bit of inflamed acne on my chin sometimes, and the noninflamed regimen worked fine for me. You might also try this regimen with either a regular, nonscrubbing cleanser or get a scrub that is very gentle (I have a list of suggestions if you'd like me to post or send it). Another option is 2 or 3 times a week, adding a tiny bit of sugar to your regular cleanser and washing gently with that. The key to the noninflamed regimen is exfoliation - which is necessary for clearing out non-inflamed acne. The acne.org regimen probably doesn't promote enough exfolation to clear noninflamed acne.