Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Syntax

Anti Bacterial Facesoap?

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone uses Anti Bacterial facesoap, what the best is, if they think it works, and if it drys there skin out at all? I have heard alot about this but not seen too much info on it. Right now I just use cetaphil 2x a day for washing my face, and clindamycin topical lotion. Any info would be great. Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a facial soap out there that actually works for oily, acne-prone skin. It'll either break you out, dry you out, or simply make your skin more oily. Plus, they put too many crap synthetic chemicals in these things, just refer to the recent Cetaphil thread...just read those ingredients!!! :snooty: NO FUCKIN' GOOD!

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a facial soap out there that actually works for oily, acne-prone skin. It'll either break you out, dry you out, or simply make your skin more oily. Plus, they put too many crap synthetic chemicals in these things, just refer to the recent Cetaphil thread...just read those ingredients!!! :snooty: NO FUCKIN' GOOD!

Ok thanks man.

Ok thanks man.

I forgot one important point, once the soap or cleanser dries your skin out, your skin will respond with even more oil production. There are those on here that dispute that fact, if they don't believe this, they'll simply break-out for the rest of their lives. The same is true for any shaving creams, gels or foams...look at those ingredients as well! I speak from experience, trust me on this one!

Cetaphil antibacterial bar is a good one. I would recommend it. There are weird ingredients in everything out there, by the way. That's just how it goes. Doesn't mean you should run away from them like the plague. And it depends on what is in the soap as to how much it dries you out. Yes, in general a wash is better than a bar. But cetaphil bars do not dry my skin out and almost every other cleanser on the market does. Cetaphil and Purpose are the brands most widely recommended by dermatologists. Neutrogena is one too. I use Purpose cleansing wash on my face, cetaphil antibacterial bar on my back and shoulders to help with body acne, and regular cetaphil bar to wash my hands.