Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Syntax

Moisturizer and blackheads?

I would like someones opinion on this? I use to have like 1 or 2 blackheads on my nose. Then for a few nights I put some cetaphil moisturizer on it. Now the entire thing is blackheads. It's been a month or 2 probably. What do you guys think I should do about it, just leave it? I bought some 2% Beta Hydroxy and thought I would give that a try. Thanks

I would like someones opinion on this? I use to have like 1 or 2 blackheads on my nose. Then for a few nights I put some cetaphil moisturizer on it. Now the entire thing is blackheads. It's been a month or 2 probably. What do you guys think I should do about it, just leave it? I bought some 2% Beta Hydroxy and thought I would give that a try. Thanks

I don't think you should be putting moisturizer on your nose unless its really dry. After a hot shower, take paper towel between your fingers, and gently squeeze out all the blackheads. This works for me!

I don't think you should be putting moisturizer on your nose unless its really dry. After a hot shower, take paper towel between your fingers, and gently squeeze out all the blackheads. This works for me!

Ok thanks, I'll try that. But not sure if it will work because my blackheads are not really surface ones... and there on every single pore. Maybe I'll just stick with the 2% beta hydroxy acid for a few weeks.

Ya the same exact thing is happening to me...I usually never use a moisturizer because my skin is so oily but ever since i started using differin my skin gets ultra dry around my nose area. I get blackheads in eeevverryyy singglee pore around my nose now. So if anyone has any advice... i'd like to take it too!

Ya the same exact thing is happening to me...I usually never use a moisturizer because my skin is so oily but ever since i started using differin my skin gets ultra dry around my nose area. I get blackheads in eeevverryyy singglee pore around my nose now. So if anyone has any advice... i'd like to take it too!

I just started using 2% beta Hydroxy acid on it once a day for the blackheads on every pore... And I'll let you know in a few weeks if its working. My nose is also itchy a lot and the doc says its acne but I think otherwise... its red in spots too.

I just started using 2% beta Hydroxy acid on it once a day for the blackheads on every pore... And I'll let you know in a few weeks if its working. My nose is also itchy a lot and the doc says its acne but I think otherwise... its red in spots too.

Yeah my skin got itchy and red on my nose before I started using anything on it... Thanks for the info though. I'm am going to try a diff laundry detergent because nothing else I have done works. I'v seen the acid is pretty hard on it though. So I might cut back to every other day.

Yeah my skin got itchy and red on my nose before I started using anything on it... Thanks for the info though. I'm am going to try a diff laundry detergent because nothing else I have done works. I'v seen the acid is pretty hard on it though. So I might cut back to every other day.

That's a good idea to switch laundry detergents. I had never gotten acne on my cheeks until i started buying simple pleasure laundry detergent. It smells sooooooo good but it kills my skin. After i figured this out I switched to a laundry detergent for sensitive skin...its what they use for baby clothes...and it's getting alot better.

Syntax--

Definitely get the laundry detergent that's for sensitive skin (aka dye-free, fragrance-free, etc.) I use Arm & Hammer Sensitive Skin Formula , it's dermatologist tested and it causes no skin problems for me (detergents with fragrances irritate my skin, making it itching and red).

Also, with regard to the Cetaphil mousturizer, it does contain macadamia nut oil, so that could be contributing to the blackheads. I personally like to use Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Moisturizer because it works very well and doesn't leave my skin oily like the Cetaphil. (FYI the Clean & Clear moisturizer does have a fragrance, but it doesn't bother my skin).

Syntax--

Definitely get the laundry detergent that's for sensitive skin (aka dye-free, fragrance-free, etc.) I use Arm & Hammer Sensitive Skin Formula , it's dermatologist tested and it causes no skin problems for me (detergents with fragrances irritate my skin, making it itching and red).

Also, with regard to the Cetaphil mousturizer, it does contain macadamia nut oil, so that could be contributing to the blackheads. I personally like to use Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Moisturizer because it works very well and doesn't leave my skin oily like the Cetaphil. (FYI the Clean & Clear moisturizer does have a fragrance, but it doesn't bother my skin).

So would I. I have blackheads all over my nose. Clenia has made them much lighter but they are still there and still noticable.