Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annakarenina83

Am I being totally paranoid and crazy or what?

Hi,

First of all can I disclaimer by saying I am not a crazy person but this is too freaky a coincidence

background:

I have mild acne with multiple huge massive pores (some are like 1-2mm in diam) mainly on nose and cheeks - my skin is quite oily. Also I have really really bad blackheads on my nose - no amount of squeezing produces anything..they cannot be squeezed out so I dont bother.

When I met my boyfriend he had perfect, poreless, oil free skin. then after about 6 months he developed (seemingly overnight...took like a month tops) almost the exact same complexion as me - really bad, persistent blackheads on nose, big massive pores, oily and dull complexion.

did he catch some weird fungal/bacterial disease from my face that has created this?? it just seems very odd that he develops this literally within the space of a month. it was like instant. its really really really freaking me out. i mean he had literally perfect skin....no family history etc. Its sending me nuts hey. Im imagining that I have given him some sort of disease and also when you are really self conscious about your skin you dont want to have to look at the exact same skin problem on your partner it does your head in.

has this happened to anyone else? Im not a crazy person I swear - I have almost finished a degree in molecular biology so I realise this is unlikely from a scientific point of view but this really happened I just want to know whyyyy

thanks to anyone who can shed some insight on this or who can tell me about a similar experience.

x

It has to do with hormones. After my ex broke up with me my acne went crazy. I literally went from a clear face, one or two pimples a week to a face full of acne and red marks. My face is still recovering from remarks now but I think my acne is back to the same it was before the break up.

It has to do with hormones. After my ex broke up with me my acne went crazy. I literally went from a clear face, one or two pimples a week to a face full of acne and red marks. My face is still recovering from remarks now but I think my acne is back to the same it was before the break up.

i know acne is hormonal im an obsessive compulsive who practically memorised the endocrine pathways yes lame i know but i cant help it im more concerned with the blackheads, oil and open pores and whether I have some sort of insane resistant strain of bacteria or fungi that causes this that i passed on to my boyfriend.....i have no idea what the mechanism could be but its just as simple as...he had perfect poreless blackhead less skin before he met me...then overnight he developed all this (and he is 20)............its doing my head in. yes im neurotic. :( hehe