Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oOo

Dan's BP Yet Another Peeling Question

I use to use the BP that you had to put in a fridge and after one over night application of that it would make my skin flaky. I did a small thin layer of film of BP on my skin and it gave me the same results, anyways what I was wondering was should I remove the flakes or put moisturizer on top of it? I don't have a baby brush or anything, I was using a paper towel really gently brushing it off with water.

Start out slow with it by only using a very small amount, perhaps a pea-sized blob and gradually work up to the full amount that Dan recommends. All the while moisturize along the way. This will help with the flaking problem. You can add in an extra few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer if the moisturizer by itself doesn't keep the flaking adequately controlled.

Also, if after a month or so you are still having a problem with flaking, you can consider trying one of the AHA moisturizers. Such as Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion or Lac-Hydrin Five. They will help exfoliate the flakes off and moisturize at the same time.

I hope this helps.

I went through the same thing. I am now 8 weeks into it and I still have flakiness. The cetaphil though is really good. I only use it twice a day and it keeps the flakes from resurfacing between washings. Also, probably not a good idea to rub the flakes off it might irritate your face.