Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

err.. I'm just going to hypothesize, nothing is backing this up, but I think the reason people have oily skin is because of the chlorine content in the tap water people use while taking baths or showers. If people didn't use it or maybe remove the chlorine, probably our skin wouldn't dry out as much. The reason I say their skin dries out is because after people take showers and when the water dries, their skin gets flaky, and if people don't use moisturizers. It'll cause them to overproduce oil on their skin to cope with the dried out skin which could lead to clogged pores and such. I targeted chlorine because it is used to clean water usually, and when I go swimming in the chlorine saturated pool water, the water dries out my skin. I wonder if its true, remember this is just a hypothesis. I'll test this out... eventually when I have the time to do so. If anyone else tests this out and yields positive results tell me at [email protected], do it at your own risk.

I don't know, but following the logic of that theory, we'd have acne head to toe because the water touches everything.