Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
o Havoc o

DKR Moisteriser

I have been using the DKR moisteriser since it came out. So i can say i have give it a fair trial run. It's soft, goes on well and absorbs quickly. However it's effects are limited in that after 2 or 3 hours i am flaking. I have tried adding jojoba oil but that has proven ineffective. The only Way i have been able to stay flake free with it throughout the day is to use ridiculous amounts of it which is inpractcicle.

I am sorry to say that i think cetaphil works a lot better. Ok yeah it's thicker, and makes me a little shiney throughout the day but i never worry about being flaking.

I think the moisteriser needs a bit more tweeking before it is 100% effective. Maybe adding alpha hydroxy?

So in conclusion. I would say the moisteriser is a working progress and for me is not fully effective. Even with using minimum amounts of B.P it still was unable to keep me 100% flake free.

What's everyone elses experience with it?

I really like this moisturizer. I like the texture and the feel, but for me over time I just could not get past the shine factor. My skin is super oily anyway, so any moisturizer with oil is very hard for me to wear due to the added shine. I also needed something with spf because I do spend a lot of time outdoors even in the cold months. So, for now I'm using Aveeno Ultra Calming with spf 15.

As for your concerns Nicky, Dan is reducing the amount of stearic acid in the moisturizer which should help with the issues you were experiencing. I'm not sure when this revised version of the moisturizer will be ready though.

Also, Dan is thinking about formulating another moisturizer with some lactic acid in it. So, that's something you can consider in the future.

I really like this moisturizer. I like the texture and the feel, but for me over time I just could not get past the shine factor. My skin is super oily anyway, so any moisturizer with oil is very hard for me to wear due to the added shine. I also needed something with spf because I do spend a lot of time outdoors even in the cold months. So, for now I'm using Aveeno Ultra Calming with spf 15.

As for your concerns Nicky, Dan is reducing the amount of stearic acid in the moisturizer which should help with the issues you were experiencing. I'm not sure when this revised version of the moisturizer will be ready though.

Also, Dan is thinking about formulating another moisturizer with some lactic acid in it. So, that's something you can consider in the future.

I love the DKR 2.5% BP, but I won't buy any more of the moisturizer until they add AHA to it. Or if they come out with a separate AHA lotion I will buy that.

I use both the Aveeno Ultra-Calming day lotion w/ SPF15, and the Night Cream. Speaking from experience, the day lotion is a great sunscreen, but did little to nothing for the flakiness the BP caused. The night cream is more effective, it is thicker, spreads better, and does a pretty good job of reducing redness (after a few hours). It does have a slight sting to it initially. However the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Night-Cream is still is not as effective as Cetaphil at controlling the flakes.

This is just my experience with these products, hope this helps.

I agree with the above. ^

Nicky, the Aveeno Ultra Calm moisturizer probably won't help much with flaking. I don't typically have a flaking issue so for me personally, it works. But I don't think it would be hydrating enough for someone who tends to be dry. I'm mostly using it for the spf.

You'll probably be happier with the Cetaphil.

I would like to try the new moisturizer ,but I have very oily T-zone. Is it recommended?

I'm using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer ,it's too dry for most people ,but for me it's working quite ok.

I would like to try the new moisturizer ,but I have very oily T-zone. Is it recommended?

I'm using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer ,it's too dry for most people ,but for me it's working quite ok.

It's worth a try to see. Maybe get the travel size and see how you like it.

Strange thing happend.

I decided the other day not to wait the usual 5 minutes after b.p to put the moisterizer on. I applied the DKR moisterizer maybe a minute after. I used a good two full fingers and you know what? Stayed flake free all day. I tried it again today and got the same results. Flake free all day.

Im gonna give the DKR moisterizer another chance and see how it goes.

How bizarre???

Strange thing happend.

I decided the other day not to wait the usual 5 minutes after b.p to put the moisterizer on. I applied the DKR moisterizer maybe a minute after. I used a good two full fingers and you know what? Stayed flake free all day. I tried it again today and got the same results. Flake free all day.

Im gonna give the DKR moisterizer another chance and see how it goes.

How bizarre???

hmm, interesting. So, you are applying the moisturizer immediately after the bp? :think:

So far it's the ONLY moisturizer I've found that l can afford that is a decent primer for my make-up. I've tried Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Clean and Clear - nothing has worked better than Dan's moisturizer for me. I do get a little shinier than not, but it doesn't break me out like all the other ones did. So I keep using that.

@Brandy:

hmm, interesting. So, you are applying the moisturizer immediately after the bp? :think:

I don't wait for 5 to 10 min either. I have oily skin ,but if I wait 5min or more my skin becomes very dry too. So after I used the BP2.5% , I will wait till my face feel dry and put the moisturizer on. It should be around 3 min.

I really like Dan's moisturizer and it's my daytime mainstay. I use it with plenty of jojoba oil before I apply BP and I use AHA at night, and my skin has been flake-free this winter and actually looking really great. Last winter I did more or less the same routine but with different moisturizers instead of Dan's (since it hadn't come out yet), and while my flaking was pretty mild, my skin overall was considerably drier then than now. I also like that Dan's moisturizer is way less prone to clumping when used on top of jojoba oil/BP or under sunblock/makeup than any other moisturizer I've tried. I layer a lot of products, so having things go on looking natural without having to spend a lot of time brushing away clumps is important to me.

My main gripe with it is the shininess when I apply it, but addressing this is easy: apply the moisturizer, let it absorb for a few minutes, and lightly blot off the shine. Then all is well.

Those dark brown toilet paper are great at absorbing. Cheap and effective ,I use it too but now they don't sell it anymore at our local supermarket....I so cherish the last roll now lol :D.

If your face get too dry in the afternoon ,you could just use some moisturizer again. I found out moisturizing 3 times a day at the beginning of the regimen worked great ,since my skin had to adjust to the BP2.5%.

Have you tried complex-15?

I'm currently using it and its great! It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your skin shiny (like cetaphil did to me).

Day number 3 of applying the moisteriser straight after b.p and another flake free day.

Im gonna start experiementing with the dosage next because i am not to crazy about the large amounts i am having to use at the moment.

Day number 3 of applying the moisteriser straight after b.p and another flake free day.

Im gonna start experiementing with the dosage next because i am not to crazy about the large amounts i am having to use at the moment.