Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franie

Clearing blackheads naturally

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the difference is in appearance between a blackhead and an open pore? I'm not entirely sure if I have blackheads or just open pores ...if that's even possible.

Now my skin is clear (yay) I'm working on improving the strength of quality of my skin. So, if they're blackheads, I want to help them move on naturally. But I'm guessing that's with mud masks, regular exfoliating and facials.

thanks for your help!

Imagine a half-buried smooth rock the size of a fist slightly poking out from the ground. Thats an example of a blackhead.

Now imagine if one grabs said rock and flings it away, the hole left on the ground is an example of an 'empty' pore.

I don't think there's such a thing as an 'open' pore though, which is the supposed 'opening' or 'widening' of said pore, and which 'closed' is the normal state. Many suspect an observation such as this to be anecdotal at best.

When one thinks of the term 'pore openings', in conjures up thoughts of a silent meditative person draped in the traditional jamies and white towel, soaking up hot steam from the sink, whilst they utter the holy acne mantra "I cast thee Zit the unholy to the depths from whence thou cometh!". When the pores reveal themselves to be exorcised of its contents, a joyous cry would then be heard by the nearest neighbour, the pseudo-enlightened would then proclaim to have indeed 'opened' their pores.

What might have actually happened however is that the higher temperatures of the steam changed the viscosity of the sebum as well as some of the contents it surrounds, loosening or oozing it out from the pore. Since the color of sebum or blackheads are sometimes the same color as normal skin, the pores might not have been too visible, leading some to think they are 'closed'. Them emptying out and revealing an empty pore might then lead some to mistakingly conclude that their pores have 'opened' from their previous 'closed' state. Since those with a higher pore content, and therefore the larger pores, show the greatest effect to said procedure, one would expect the greatest cry of discovery and enlightenment from said collective, and thus the perpetuation of the myth of the magical face-portals.

Unbeknownst to everyone however, I have indeed discovered that small green imps have taken residence in my pores. They have a mighty sweet tooth, and every night they party in a sparkling carrousel, feasting on my precious fluids, and foaming in their mouths. The foam collects and eventually it hardens into blackheads!

A blackhead has a black center and is slightly raised. An open pore is more like a crater- its digging into your skin rather than poking out, and it has a darker center but its not black. Hope i haven't confused you!

Imagine a half-buried smooth rock the size of a fist slightly poking out from the ground. Thats an example of a blackhead.

Now imagine if one grabs said rock and flings it away, the hole left on the ground is an example of an 'empty' pore.

I don't think there's such a thing as an 'open' pore though, which is the supposed 'opening' or 'widening' of said pore, and which 'closed' is the normal state. Many suspect an observation such as this to be anecdotal at best.

When one thinks of the term 'pore openings', in conjures up thoughts of a silent meditative person draped in the traditional jamies and white towel, soaking up hot steam from the sink, whilst they utter the holy acne mantra "I cast thee Zit the unholy to the depths from whence thou cometh!". When the pores reveal themselves to be exorcised of its contents, a joyous cry would then be heard by the nearest neighbour, the pseudo-enlightened would then proclaim to have indeed 'opened' their pores.

What might have actually happened however is that the higher temperatures of the steam changed the viscosity of the sebum as well as some of the contents it surrounds, loosening or oozing it out from the pore. Since the color of sebum or blackheads are sometimes the same color as normal skin, the pores might not have been too visible, leading some to think they are 'closed'. Them emptying out and revealing an empty pore might then lead some to mistakingly conclude that their pores have 'opened' from their previous 'closed' state. Since those with a higher pore content, and therefore the larger pores, show the greatest effect to said procedure, one would expect the greatest cry of discovery and enlightenment from said collective, and thus the perpetuation of the myth of the magical face-portals.

Unbeknownst to everyone however, I have indeed discovered that small green imps have taken residence in my pores. They have a mighty sweet tooth, and every night they party in a sparkling carrousel, feasting on my precious fluids, and foaming in their mouths. The foam collects and eventually it hardens into blackheads!

welll I THINK...

the only natural way is to leave it alone.. and let it come out on its own, as many decades as that may take.. I don't think anyone is that patient. Not even me. =../

I think... every other method is unnatural.

/ / /

So the least unnatural method of treating.. many here believe is the baby brush method.. which doesnt work at all. Don't do it. Complete waste of time. placebo, illusion, psychological self pity brainwash. etc.

Anyways another method is to probably slow it down.. more and more and more till you grow out of it? salycylic acid, mandelic acid, green shits... how they work depends on however clean the pore is.