Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick912

Scalp bumps

Ok I shave my head with a razor. I get dozens of red bumps after I shave. I shave with the grain and not against it. I have tried about every after shave and razor bumpr product out there. They are little tiny red bumps. They dont appear to be acne or ingrown hairs. I have tried everything from a 1 to a 5 blade razor and they all produce the same results.

Could it be scalp folliculitis from shaving? Please dont say stop shaving your head. I really want to figure out what is going on. Thanks

When you shave your head do you trim it down with an electric razor first...? Maybe you should try that and then buy some shaving product for sensitive skin befor you "bic" it. I know gillette has an awesome shaving cream for acne prone / sensitive skin, its in their mach 3 lineup.. http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/product.js...id=prod3363514#

Think thats the one... I'll be honest tho im too lazy to run upstairs and look under the sink lol. But im pretty sure thats the one... Just look around the aisle in the shopping center im sure you will find something.

my boyfriend shaves his head and has struggled with this problem for years. He used a product called Tend Skin for a while and then all of the sudden it stopped working for him. Now he uses aquaglycolic shampoo and bodywash for shaving and then a glycolic acid toner after to help with ingrown hairs. He only shaves his head about three times a week, so the irritation isn't bad, but when he started he only used the glycolic acid products once a week and then gradually increased to avoid a lot of redness and stinging.

my boyfriend shaves his head and has struggled with this problem for years. He used a product called Tend Skin for a while and then all of the sudden it stopped working for him. Now he uses aquaglycolic shampoo and bodywash for shaving and then a glycolic acid toner after to help with ingrown hairs. He only shaves his head about three times a week, so the irritation isn't bad, but when he started he only used the glycolic acid products once a week and then gradually increased to avoid a lot of redness and stinging.

Wow this is great news. I have also tried Tend Skin and it burned like heck and gave me a chemical burn anfter using it too much. Could you tell me specific brands of the Glycolic Acid stuff he uses and where yall buy them at?? Thanks!!