Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fucboi

I gonna try the IPL for my post acne-pigmentation

Hi, this is my first post.I am thinking whether I should try the IPL for my post acne-pigmentation for some time. I am currently 17 years old, and I have taken Tetracycline (An Anti-biotics) for 3 months (the doctor said I should take up to six months) so is it too early to try the IPL now or later ? To me I do not want to delay anymore because when I reach adulthood, my collagen production will get slower.So now I am so young, I should seize this opportunity. I don't have a girlfriend now because I want to reduce my post acne-pigmentation, u might think it is stupid, but I want to look nice before finding a girlfriend :surprised: What do u guys think ?

Okay, you can't be serious. Collagen has little to nothing to do with red marks, if you're a healthy guy your face will produce collagen just fine for a long time to come, you'd have to worry about going bald first rather than collagen related issues. Second, take your time, to go for IPL when you don't need it, would be a big mistake. If I were you, I would give it time, I highly doubt you need IPL. I'm 22 and I've been in the same shoes are you, you don't NEED IPL to fix your red marks, just go out there and find a girl, forget about the redness, you're such a young guy, at 17 it doesn't matter, many people your age has acne and acne related redness.

I've tried IPL i had about 5 treatments and honestly its done nothing. As far as im aware things that'll help you clear them or at least reduce are Peels... Good luck

Oh man I just cannot stand people saying I have a lot of acnes but the fact is they are just the acne marks only !!! :mad: DAMN All these ppl, they dun understand at all. Maybe I will wait awhile first, but I dun understand why IPL do not work on these marks ???

I heard that it works good for those red and brown marks !!! Dude, maybe u are expecting to shallow the scars ??