Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m00sie

Ok...so im a little confused about how suspenders and stockings work...

Talking about the lingerie suspenders (not the ones that old men wear :P). Do the thigh high stockings need to have a specific piece for the suspender part to 'loop' or 'attach' onto? or can you make suspenders work with any thigh high stockings?

The top part would typically have little clips/clasps at the end of them. You basically just press them closed.

The nylon should simply overlap the button part..the top fits over it... It's hard to explain w/out a visual.

They make other types of hose with the suspender part already attached. Or that stay up on their own. :)

The top part would typically have little clips/clasps at the end of them. You basically just press them closed.

The nylon should simply overlap the button part..the top fits over it... It's hard to explain w/out a visual.

It has been ages since I wore these - but I used to buy some thigh highs from Victoria's Secret that had lacy tops - and on the inside they had a rubbery stretchy material that kept them up / stuck to your leg so you didnt need the suspenders. You could give that a try. I have 2 quips about them though - after a long day I found I needed to be careful to keep them "up" where they belonged - although I don't think new fresh pairs were as big of a culprit of this as the ones which I'd washed a bunch of times. Also - the rubbery stretchy grippy part left red marks on my sensitive skin - always thought that looked dorky. But just throwing it out there FYI. Always wanted to try the true suspender type! They look so dead sexy, don't they? I have lost over 15 pounds since early 2007 - and if I can (correction: WHEN I DO) lose another 10, I think I'll be looking into those again. Woohoo. :dance:

I like the ones that stay up on their own. I did used to occasionally wear the ones that required a garter belt, they just 'clipped' onto the upper reinforced area of the thigh high hosiery; one just pressed them closed.

I found perfectly adequate thigh high hosiery at regular department stores without having to pay a premium for the lingerie names. ;)

It has been ages since I wore these - but I used to buy some thigh highs from Victoria's Secret that had lacy tops - and on the inside they had a rubbery stretchy material that kept them up / stuck to your leg so you didnt need the suspenders. You could give that a try. I have 2 quips about them though - after a long day I found I needed to be careful to keep them "up" where they belonged - although I don't think new fresh pairs were as big of a culprit of this as the ones which I'd washed a bunch of times. Also - the rubbery stretchy grippy part left red marks on my sensitive skin - always thought that looked dorky.

I like the ones that stay up on their own. I did used to occasionally wear the ones that required a garter belt, they just 'clipped' onto the upper reinforced area of the thigh high hosiery; one just pressed them closed.

I found perfectly adequate thigh high hosiery at regular department stores without having to pay a premium for the lingerie names. ;)

Thanks for the info guys! and thanks for the link LM 06 :)

Im glad im not the only one who gets confuzzled by stockings and suspenders lol :D

I'm glad you started the topic, actually. Cuz I'm now thinking stockings are super high ranking in the wearables that make you feel pretty and/or sexy. Anything that does that gets a thumbs up from me. (Plus if you snag one, you don't throw out both legs like pantyhose, so they're frugal, too !)

Awesome site! The key to suspenders or any lingerie that requires a clasp is to make sure its made out of metal and NOT plastic.

Here's one to compliment it:

www.absolutecorsets.com

yeah, just to add - definitely *not* worth spending lots of money because they always get laddered anyway (at least when I'm wearing them, lol)... they are very sexy though. And I never had the red welt problem - maybe they were a little too tight?

The 'red welt' problem could also be a sign of latex allergy, or whatever plastic was used in the upper part of the hosiery.

I always wear a suspender belt no mater if they have that sticky stuff or not. The key is a really good belt set. 2 suspenders are great for super thin models but for real women who desire to wear a garter set for more than 30 mins, you need to have 3 suspenders on each side.

I have real sausage thighs (thanks grandma) and I'm in love with the 12 suspender set. It might be over kill but I never have to worry about loosing my stockings.

And remember, the clasps HAVE to be metal.

The 'red welt' problem could also be a sign of latex allergy, or whatever plastic was used in the upper part of the hosiery.

.Hello,maybe i can help,I wear stay ups quite often especially when in a hurry for shopping or lunch.mostly though i wear normal stockings with a garter belt.Anyway getting back to Stay ups,I sometimes wear seamed,or RHT`s and the ones I buy are from Stockings HQ.I have no trouble with these even after several washings.The grip top is made from silicone and not elastic ,and that`s the key.They stay up all day and don`t leave a red line,and they don`t cost the earth.I`m 39 and I`ve been wearing stockings of all styles since I was at school age 14.

Hope this helps

Rgds Innova

You can PRESS them closed!!? Oh this is fantastic, I can't wait to try that, hahaha.

I wear thigh highs VERY rarely (i.e. when I'm going to see Rocky Horror or for other rare special occassions) and it always takes me FOREVER to get the clips clipped and then often pop out later. My strategy was putting the stocking over the "button part" and then sort of "sliding" the top part in place.... with doesn't really work.

Since the clip itself is soft material, I bet it totally would work to actually just press it over the button part with the stocking in the middle, until it sort of "clicks" into place..... Duh, haha. I've always thought I must be doing it wrong, but no one I know would know would have any more experience with thigh highs than I do, and I never really bothered to "investigate" further.

So anyway, thanks so much for asking! I'm hoping it really is this simple.... I'm definitely thinking it is though. Totally laughing at myself right now :) Thanks Dee!

My strategy was putting the stocking over the "button part" and then sort of "sliding" the top part in place.... with doesn't really work.

That is how you do it. You put the stocking over the button, push the button through the larger part of the metal clip and slide it into the smaller part of the clip.

I always wear a suspender belt no mater if they have that sticky stuff or not. The key is a really good belt set. 2 suspenders are great for super thin models but for real women who desire to wear a garter set for more than 30 mins, you need to have 3 suspenders on each side.

Yeah, I used to wear one of those and instead of holding the stockings up, it would pull the belt down in front. That is, if I did anything like walking and sitting as I tend to do...

2 suspenders are great for super thin models but for real women who desire to wear a garter set for more than 30 mins, you need to have 3 suspenders on each side.

Well that explains everything! Perhaps I won't hate garters anymore. Thanks, Eryka. :D

I haven't seen suspenders for sale for about 10 years in British lingerie departments! They always used to display the matching suspender alongside the bra and knicker sets. They seem to have been replaced with 'hold ups' now.