Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG86

This better F$%*N Work!!!

Alright guess I should start with an intro..?

Well .. HI! Today I finally bowed down and picked up some Tane... I have been pretty anti-tane for the past year or so but after being on Mino,Doxy and Erthyomyacin to no avail I have caved in. Took my first pill tonight, 40mg, plan on doing a 5 or 6 month go of it, don't plan on upping the dosage if I can help it.

On top of all the orals I have taken, not tasted, I have tried every god damn cream under the sun and then some... Did the face burning thing with the BP from 2.5% - 5% - 8% - 10%... Worked for awhile but I dunno never seemed to do the whole dealeo.. Tried plenty of diff face washes by every company out there...Tried the Proactiv gimmick several times. While the whole kit doesn't work I love the sulfur mask, nothing works better on a freshly popped zit to stop spreading infection and for killing the lil bastards. Where was I... Oh yes... Done the salicylic acid treatments, promising in the start but sure enough just as I start to clear.. BAM!! Fucking breakout.. Tried multiple other crap in a bottle that my derm prescribed, don't even know what they all were...

Tried the holistic approach, this has probably been the most effective. Cut out just about all glutens, did cut out all milk, stopped smoking cigs, weed, haven't had a drink of liquor/beer since last Oct (this was also due to crashing my car for the 4th time since June of 07, gone thru 7 rims...) Uhmm started exercising daily, eating tons of veggies/fruits. Long and short I have tried a many many many diff approaches before this and I finally have said fuck it all, ill just do the tane.

On top of this I'm moving back to my home town so I wanna be clear when I move back home.. Don't wanna go back with the same type of skin I had when I moved away 5 years ago...

I know my skin is not that bad and there are plenty of other people out there with worse skin. Unfortunately I am very very vain about my appearance, I don't know if this was due to some problems from my childhood or just insecurity issues but I am. I dunno maybe I have OCD or something... I am just so sick of having shitty little dots on my skin... I get so depressed over the shit that I have blown off a good 20+ friends outta my life, I stopped socializing completley, let it keep me from going out with my GF, well ex-gf, of two + years.. she eventually left me and moved out because she got so sick of my mopping about being a cry baby... Basically just kinda secluded myself in my own little world of routine... Only people I talk to are friends from back home on the phone cause I know they won't know what I look like at the moment.

Anyways I think thats a mighty damn fine intro... I did put up some pics in the gallery but they are "pending". So gay... Once the pics get activated ill put up a link to em in here ... Woot Woot!

EDIT:

Finally got my gallery going... Here is a link...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=27326

Day 2:

Well woke up this morning with not really any improvement.. I guess that's to be expected...Why can't they just invite a god damn pill that fixes all your problems overnight!? Well I guess there is prozac but.. I don't think thats a permanent fix.

I did luckliy have a redspot on my neck that has been sitting dormant for a good couple of weeks come to a head so I guess thats good news..?

Anyways, thats my quick update for anyone who should care.

Day 3:

Well I had a bit of new action today, all the white heads surrounding my nose were starting to show through. I took it upon myself to squeeze it all up befor I started my cleansing regimen. Made sure I applied an extra bit of BP and it seems to have worked! Doesn't even look like anything is there when I pull the skin tight.

Noticed my hair is a bit drier today as well, then again I did do two shampoo's versus my regular one.

Day 4:

Nothing new to report... Shaved with a razor for the first time in ... probably a year (usually just trim with a shaver) I used to avoid this cause I would always break out with at least one new nodule along my jawline. Guess it was just my luck! Then again I was ultra paranoid... Let my razor soak in rubbing alcohol for a good five minutes, steamed my face for ten and then applied my sensitive skin shaving gel in gentle circles for another five minutes. Feels good to have a nice clean shave though and It actually seems to have exfoliated my skin rather nicely! OH, one new note... I think the tane is starting to dry out my skin, put on some BP last night after my regimen after shaving and my face went lobster on me. Seems to gone back to a normal shade over night and through out the day.

Good luck with everything. You seem to have really really mild acne. I wish my face looked as clear as your to begin with, haha.

Your skin looks good to me - just the odd spot from what I can see in the photos. I'm surprised you have been prescribed Accutane.

I know im a vain person.. At least about myself. I just told my doctor that it was having an impact on my mentality and I do have some icepick scars from previous nodules. He was a bit reluctant at first but once I proved to him I knew what I was getting into he had no problems at all. I have tried so many differnt topicals and tricyclines and I still get them. Tried going the holisitc approach, fasting and all. I just don't want any spots at all!

I know its hard to tell from those pictures thanks to the shitty resolution on my cell. I will try to find a driver for my digi cam so I can upload more detailed pics from that. Thanks for your words of encourgement Brent.

hey man, just thought I'd wish a fellow Canadian good luck. I'm 19 years old (175 lbs) and currently on day 73 (60 mg) and improvement is f*cking slow for me. Everytime I think I'm somewhat in the clear, *POOF*, another one shows up. But like this whole site declares, "it'll be worth it in the end"...unless of course we get owned by the side effects. Anyways, I'm interested in seeing your progress.

peace

Hey PokerFace,

Another Canadian EH! How's your snowglu holding up? J/k :P Ya I think the only reason I am not breaking out is because I decided to take some Minocycline with my course even though they advise against it. But I read the chances of getting the pseduo tumors of whatever is only 2%. I wouldn't worry about the side effects, just try to stay positive!

Day 5:

Nothing new really... I spoke too soon about shaving, I actually got a small batch of about 4 pimples on my chin. Probably the smallest ones I have had since I was in my mid-teen years. Made the bad mistake of going for a jog this morning without sun block and im slightly red again. Oh well nothing too major I guess. Skin seems to be tightening up somewhat, think I may need a new moisturizer.

aw you're such a handsome guy, and (at least in the pictures you've got up) I can barely notice your acne...I don't want to be negative, but I hope that you realize that even after accutane you might still get a pimple or two from time to time...I realized recently that most people have the odd spot and there's nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly normal! In any case I hope that things work out for you!

Thanks Bran!

It's not the odd spot its these nodualr cystic type that always leave a little scar. It's just hard to see because of the shitty resolution on my camera phone. I know its normal to have the odd spot but these ones are causing scarring and I am just worried if left untreated I could continute to scar and scar and scar. Maybe I am paranoid, maybe I am vain, but you only get one body and I am prepared to take a couple months of discomfort if the end results make me happier in the long run. I hope that your holistic approach works for you!

Thanks Bran!

It's not the odd spot its these nodualr cystic type that always leave a little scar. It's just hard to see because of the shitty resolution on my camera phone. I know its normal to have the odd spot but these ones are causing scarring and I am just worried if left untreated I could continute to scar and scar and scar. Maybe I am paranoid, maybe I am vain, but you only get one body and I am prepared to take a couple months of discomfort if the end results make me happier in the long run. I hope that your holistic approach works for you!

I know what you mean...when I was a teenager I had terrible terrible acne but my skin was really resilient and I didn't really get any scarring...now that I'm in my 20's almost every pimple leaves a red mark and I even have a little superficial scarring from my moderate acne...if the holistic thing doesn't work (in a way that's reasonable for my life) I will consider accutane too...I think it's worth it when nothing else works (or if the lifestyle changes you have to make are too ridiculous) and you've got enough acne to bother you/scar

Thanks Bran!

I know what you mean...when I was a teenager I had terrible terrible acne but my skin was really resilient and I didn't really get any scarring...now that I'm in my 20's almost every pimple leaves a red mark and I even have a little superficial scarring from my moderate acne...if the holistic thing doesn't work (in a way that's reasonable for my life) I will consider accutane too...I think it's worth it when nothing else works (or if the lifestyle changes you have to make are too ridiculous) and you've got enough acne to bother you/scar

The holistic approach worked for me for awhile... Then one day I was helping a friend install her sound system and since it took me four hours to do all the wiring she took me out for lunch as a reward. Well she decided to take me out for fish and chips. Even though I opted out on the fries and had a salad in its the place I guess the deep fried fish was too greasy. I woke up the next morning to two new nodules! I was like wtf, I eat two pieces of deep fried fish, my first fried food in months and this is what happens? That on top of not drinking, not smoking and basically no social life I decided to take the plunge. I am not going to take a crazy huge course, just 40mg for five to six months, maybe even as little as four depending on how things go. As for the scarring issue I am in the same boat. My skin never started scarring up until a couple of months ago so that was also a huge factor on going on Accutane. If your looking for a good product for redmarks check out my other thread on Vita-K solutions, I love the stuff!

Good luck on your Accu-journey.

Thanks Bob! Good luck with your regimen. Noticed your a new member, welcome to the wonderful world of Acne.org. Chalked full of acne fighting information!

Hey just dropping by to say good luck and i hope it works out for you. The cyst spots are def the worst ones and they hurt too :wall:

Thanks Pink!

I hope things are going good with your course, I only expect to hear good news from you :D

Your skin is pretty clear to begin with I don't know what you're so worried about. :redface:

As stated I am very vain about myself. Insecurity issues. Thanks for the comment though :D

Day 6:

Well nothing too new to report. Spots are healing up rather nicely, redness I was having has diminished. Picked up a new moisturizer.. Aveeno ultra calming redness relief SPF 15.. Or something along those lines. Oh I did notice something new, the past two days my skin has been really oily, like ridiculously. Seems to be a bit calmer this morning/afternoon. Anyways I will be taking and uploading some pics tonight for my week two shots. Hope everyone is staying clearer!

Another Canadian eh?! ;)

I started tane almost 2 months ago and had pretty severe pustules, whiteheads, blackheads and a few nodules and cysts. After two weeks, I noticed a significant improvement.,,,and now I'm acne-free. Healing my scars ATM. Good luck!

Hey! An other Canadian in the house. I was just passing by and wanted to wish you good luck man. I started Accutane 4 days ago, cost nothing because Im a student. We live in the greatest freakin country !!! Anyways Good luck dude.

Hey Tiffy, Ak,

Thanks guys! I really do hope this is the cure for all of us. Acne is such a life changing disease. I try not to let it get me down and I am not afraid to talk about it with people, after all there is nothing I haven't tried to get it (besides Accutane which I am now on). It just sucks the life out of you, leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth all the time. And yes, Canada is the best place in the world to live IMO.

Day 8:

Well definitely noticing some side effects today... Back was killing me! I am sure being off work sick for a week didn't help but omg, it felt like I got assaulted by three people all over again. Skin is starting to dry out, especially around my mouth area, eyes were bloodshot all day, actually had a coworker ask me if I started hitting the bong again lol. Oh well I don't care how drastic the side effects get it is worth it for me. It seemed like my pores were quite large when I got home today as well but I think that may be from the new moisturizer I bought. It doesn't say non-comodogenic on it so I guess that is to be expected. It is a pretty good moisturizer though, reduces redness and calms the skin so good. Anyways thats my update! I will have some pics up in the next day or two whenever I get in the mood to take some pics. Hope everyone is having success with whatever course they are taking.

Day 10:

Well the dryness had stared! I can't remember the last time I didn't have to go through out a day without having to wipe the oil off of my skin every hour or two, I contribute part of that to work though. I actually had to re-moisturize when I went home for lunch! Not that I mind the being dry it seems to be killing the small amount of acne I did have. Switched back to the previous moisturizer I was using and my pores looked regular size today, so the new moisturize was definitley the culprit of the bigger pores I was experiencing. Back is still killing me like crazy, It seriously feels as bad as when I took a fifteen minute shit kicking in the spine. Lips aren't doing too bad, they peeled yesterday but today they are evened out and smooottthhhhh. Other side effects im noticing is fatigue, I feel so god damn tired! Got home by five and just had a four hour cat nap. Not that there is anything wrong with sleep but I hate wasting the few sunlight hours I get to myself. Anyways, thats all for now. Toodles :P

Day 16:

Been a couple of days since I have been on, in the process of packing all my crap for moving. The back ache has subsided, the oil is still keeping away and I haven't had a new active in days! Red marks are fading quickly thanks to the Vita-K lotion. Found a wicked moisturizer made specifically for men, Vichy's 24hr moisturizer for men. It's made specifically for mens thick skin and to deal with excess testosterone or something along those lines. Face isn't even red anymore! I have been meaning to take pics but have been so busy with life this past week. Still feeling tired and kinda off track. Accutane really is like being stoned all day. So that's my update for now... I will see if I can get my lazy ass to take some pics tonight. Cheers!

Accutane is like being stoned all day? Hmm... Last year I was on really heavy painkillers for three months...so this should be a breeze eh?

I am going to the derm on the 21st, I hope he isn't an ass and denies me accutane.