Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So in my past, every job Ive interviewed for, the very first interview, Ive gotten that job. Didnt matter what it was I always interviewed well throughout my whole life. And here I am looking for another job, except this time Ive got about 13 active cysts along with countless redmarks, and Ive been to 5 interviews with no luck. God this sucks. Without a job I have no medical insurance and without medical insurance I cant get Accutane. Catch 22. Lame.

Im a cook ( I know great proffession choice, heat oil and steam are my daily grind), and I whole heartedly believe its a lot harder for me to maintain a good position in this career due to bad looks. Your bosses come down on you harder and you just look unclean around the food. No bueno.

When I was interviewing for jobs (few years ago) I had terrible acne. However, I had a great resume and I would always go in with a chip on my shoulder (perhaps even with a little arrogance). I knew what my skills were and had the mentality that if they did not hire me, some other company would, and it would be their loss.

Your point regarding if two people had the exact same skills, they would probably hire the clear skinned candidate - is partially true. If you have the same skills the the interviewer would often look to other factors. But if you have an outstanding personality this will give you an edge as well. The bottom line is, acne is not a good thing and will often put you at a disadvantage no matter how you look at it - you just have to be better at what you do.

To be fair though, I never felt acne was a deciding factor in any of my interviews. But back then I worked in a tech sector with very little customer interaction, so it may be different.

my skin was pretty bad in the last couple of interviews i went too, but i gave it absolutely NO attention whatsoever, and just killed the interviews. both places accepted me.