Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I guess that would really depend on what mandelic product your using.

I use a serum, and just apply it myself with my fingers (clean, of course.) that way I'm not really wasting any of the product.

For how much you use -- I usually just use enough to cover my entire face/neck in a thin layer, and if there's any left over on my hands then I'll use it to spot treat the bad break outs then wash my hands once more to get off any left over product.

I use a rather large pea sized amount of MaMa Lotion nightly. Sometimes I need a little more. I just smooth a thin layer over my face and gently rub in using my finger tip. Any excess I put over existing spots just like x_Tiff and wash hands thoroughly afterwards too.

Hi guys,

do yo think it would be ok to cleanse, tone, then use MaMa lotion then moisturize? or would you skip the toning if you were using the lotion? Also, do yo find that MaMa makes you flaky? Thanks for your help!

Hi guys,

do yo think it would be ok to cleanse, tone, then use MaMa lotion then moisturize? or would you skip the toning if you were using the lotion? Also, do yo find that MaMa makes you flaky? Thanks for your help!

I would cleanse with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, pat dry with towel and wait until face feels completely dry before applying the MaMa Lotion. I usually wait about 5-10 minutes. I believe there is no need to use a toner. Toners can sometimes be irritating and drying to the skin and the less products you use the better, IMO. Apply MaMa in a very thin layer and wait 15-30 minutes before applying any moisturiser. I use MaMa in the evenings so it can do its job overnight and I do not apply any moisturiser or makeup over it. I prefer less interference with another product such as moisturiser over the top.

In the mornings I just cleanse and moisturise. Again I wait 5-10 minutes for face to be completely dry and then apply my Dove SPF 15 moisturiser. When using mandelic, it's important to use SPF. The all in one SPF moisturiser are best. Dove is light and non-greasy. I then wait about another 15-20 minutes before applying makeup.

If you are starting out with mandelic, start slowly and use every other day for the first 2 weeks. I find once a day is best for me. Some use twice daily but my skin can get a bit too flaky if I do that.

Re flakes, MaMa can cause light flaking. Nothing like the flaking you would get from BP. I sometimes have a bit of flaking on my chin, forehead or around my nose. To exfoliate, I use baby hair brush method a few times a week or a raw organic honey mask mixed with raw organic sugar. These help keep my skin smooth, clear and flake-free.

I have been using MaMa Lotion for almost 10 weeks and I currently do not have a single pimple. I have 5 fading red marks. If you're interested, see my log below for progress and past acne history.