Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegefbfan8898

Looking For Acne Drug/Med.

I have been on acne medicine for the last 15 or so years. I was using Desquam-E 10%. It was discontinued, and my doctor prescribed ZoDerm 8.5% benzoyl peroxide. The acne on my face is gone except for the occasional pimple here or there. I haven't used the ZoDerm on my face on a regular basis in quite awhile. The only thing is: My forehead (near my hairline is broken out a little). It stays that way unless I use the ZoDerm.

OK. My question: I am almost out of ZoDerm. Is there a cheaper medicine whether by prescription of over the counter that my work? The ZoDerm runs me about $30.00 and that is with insurance.

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks. I am not sure what is out there. I have not been to the doctor in 5 years. I just want to know if there is something over the counter whether it be cream or lotion or a type of soap that I could try.

Nothing to harsh. Not sure how the benzoyl peroxide OTC stuff is. I used the regular Oxy and Clearasil stuff a very long time ago and it killed my face.

Any other ideas?