Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys, i was recently put on "Benzaclin" and I've been on it for a month...the first week was awesome no acne, but now i have a few zits here and there, but no huge cysts! And it is drying my face out,leaving white flakes....Im on this with minocycline which i take once at night, it makes my face so smooth to its awesome, i just hope this isn't going to stop working?..

It's great to hear that you're getting results. When I was on Benzaclin, it first did an amazing job on the acne, but was really drying and like you said, left white powdery stuff all over my face (really noticeable if applied in the morning).

You might want to try Duac. It's essentially the very same stuff, but it goes on and stays on a lot less noticeably (plus, it's in a tube, so that's a plus for taking it around to places).

The thing with antibiotics is that they generally lose their effect as time goes on (the bacteria become immune), and a lot of people end up having to jump from antibiotic to antibiotic until they finally go on a retinoid.

But, since it's working for you right now, I wouldn't worry about that yet. It's always best to use the least powerful stuff that's keeping the acne under control.

Good luck~!

I had amazing results with benzaclin for five years before it lost some of its effectiveness for me. I found that at first I was using way more than I needed. Just a thin layer on the skin is fine (more will not work better and will cause more dryness, so it's basically just wasting it to use more, and that stuff was expensive!) I also found making sure to moisturize (I used Neutrogena oil free spf 15) morning and night equaled zero dryness for me...and I tend to dry and flake on anything I put on my skin.

I actually wish benzaclin still worked for me, it was one of the best things I've used!

I have tried Duac before, but it really never worked...worked for a week then i guess i got immune to it and it didnt work anymore...Also today i have a pretty large cyst on the right side of my face, im wondering how to treat it =[

I have tried Duac before, but it really never worked...worked for a week then i guess i got immune to it and it didnt work anymore...Also today i have a pretty large cyst on the right side of my face, im wondering how to treat it =[