Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tomodachi343

Acnomel Warning

Obviously what happened to me is rare, but I wanted to post it on here to give a bit of a warning to others.

About 10 days ago I bought Adult Acnomel, since nothing else has been working for my face. I applied it on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I dried out my skin but actually worked fairly well at clearing up my acne.

However, somehow when I was sleeping it was either flaking into my eyes, or I was touching my eyes with a bit of residue on my hands. I have developed 2nd degree chemical burns on my eyelids and under my eyes and the doctors (I have been to three!) believe it is most likely due to the Acnomel.

Like I said, my reaction is very severe and uncommon, but if you use this product and start to develop any extreme dryness around the eyes, please be careful!

Wow, that sounds really painfull. Thanks for the warning. I don't use that product, but it's good information for those people who do. I hope you feel better. Your eyesight hasn't been affected has it?

No, I have been to the ER and two different doctors and they all said it wouldn't get on my actual eyeballs. The only way it has been affected is that I can't really open my right eye (the one that is burnt worse) all the way.

Trust me when I say it looks extremely sexy. Not.

hope you get better soon

i have very sensitive eyes (i've got kerataconus) i've noticed a lot of creams and gels i used in the past have irritated my eyes, even just the smell of them! (since i was always ultra careful).

anyway protect your eyes people they are vital!

tim

Thanks, I hope I get better soon too. These burns are far worse than any acne I have ever had. I cannot get out in public without a hat pulled really low and my glasses on, for fear that people will star and wonder what happened.

I have never had an issue with sensitive eyes before, so I wanted to post a warning for people to be careful.

Actually, I never put ANY acne lotions on my face before going to bed for that very reason. When I sleep, the stuff tends to rub off on my pillow and from there somehow wind up in my eyes. I will apply stuff at night if I'm home for a few hours before going to sleep, then wash it off. Guess i could learn to sleep on my back, but until then, it's just easier this way.