Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Knee

Starting Milk Again Causing Intolerence?

Hey,

(getting straight to the goodness)

I used to drink milk all of the time (3-4 glasses a day). When I heard there may be a link to acne I stopped drinkin it... cold turkey. I just started up again (drank 1 glass) and experienced bloating 1 hour after drinking it. This may have just been something else causing the feeling, but I was wondering if my body could be un-used to the lactose as I have avoided it for about a year.

Any advice/information?

Thanks

EDIT: With this meal, I also happened to have 1.5 bowls of broccolli. Could this have been the cause of bloating?

Hey,

(getting straight to the goodness)

I used to drink milk all of the time (3-4 glasses a day). When I heard there may be a link to acne I stopped drinkin it... cold turkey. I just started up again (drank 1 glass) and experienced bloating 1 hour after drinking it. This may have just been something else causing the feeling, but I was wondering if my body could be un-used to the lactose as I have avoided it for about a year.

Any advice/information?

Thanks

EDIT: With this meal, I also happened to have 1.5 bowls of broccolli. Could this have been the cause of bloating?

I can't drink milk anymore because I didn't drink it for a long time, so if I do, I get all gassy and feel horrible all day.

If you want to test if your allergic to milk, drink it on an empty stomach, that way you'll know for sure whether or not it gave you problems.

I used to feel that way when I drank milk all the time, it's just I didn't

realize it because I drank it ALL the time. I just presumed that's

the way you feel when you drink milk. So I was off it for about two years

then last summer I had some ice cream cake... I thought I was gonna

die. That was the worst feeling of my entire life, it was like the flu.

Milk is pure, concentrated evil.

I never drink milk anymore either. It gives me a horrible stomach ache! I think I am lactose intolerant. I get a stomach ache when I eat ice cream a lot of times but I still eat it because I love it so much, I know stupid

I never drink milk anymore either. It gives me a horrible stomach ache! I think I am lactose intolerant. I get a stomach ache when I eat ice cream a lot of times but I still eat it because I love it so much, I know stupid

Lactase production goes down when you stop consuming milk products. Start SLOWLY to build up tolerance. You could start with cultured products such as yoghurt that contains less lactose (supermarket yoghurt is not free from lactose, only lower than milk).

Just a few sips in the beginning. Always choose full fat non homogenized dairy.

I believe that's how my lactose intolerancy pronounced itself. I had a weird test done at the hospital when I was in 8th grade and it showed that I had no enzymes to digest milk. That was after a couple years of pretty much omitting milk from my diet, along with many other things. I've never really liked milk products, but I was able to digest them pretty well when I was younger. I do better with things that have a bit of milk in them if I take digestive enzymes, but I just like to avoid the stuff. Soy is my answer, haha. And I believe, as the guy above me said, you can build up your tolerance slowly again. I've never tried it, but I have heard it's possible.

YAY!! Finally!!! :dance: Been waiting for you to say that. Perhaps you already

have said it, maybe I missed it :think:

Once you get off the straight up milk, you're free :D