Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

Has anyone seen improvement from eating more fruit?

I notice that my skin looks better when i eat more fruit. When i eat around 3 or so servings a day of things like apples, pineapples, berries, etc my skin is clearer than when i eat no fruit. Anyone else similar?

It depends on the fruit.

Certain fruits have substances that are known to interact with skin functions for example blueberries and blackberries but also figs and peaches.

Total opposite effect for me; especially, for some reason, with apples. The more fruit I eat, the more jawline cysts I develop. The less fruit I eat, and the more meat and vegetables I eat, the clearer my skin gets. Everyone's different ;) .

Yes, My skin has gotten better. I eat apples and carrots most of the time since those are in season. In the spring/summer i'll probably eat peaches. LOVE PEACHES...

Total opposite effect for me; especially, for some reason, with apples. The more fruit I eat, the more jawline cysts I develop. The less fruit I eat, and the more meat and vegetables I eat, the clearer my skin gets. Everyone's different ;) .

Virtually all fruits break me out. I can manage 1 apple every other day or so, if i cut it up and only eat bits of it at a time (or buy the pre bagged versions). It's purely a sugar tolerance for me, although it varies by fruit if i go over my limit i get spots. Thank god for Taurine! (well liliVG actually!)

I think my skin looks better, maybe just 'cause it stops me from eating

foods that are worse for me :D

Somedays I'm lazy and don't wanna make food for myself and I just eat

fruit and sometimes carrots... probably a bad idea.

I don't believe in fruit to clear ur acne.. ;/

Maybe ur getting clear cause u don't eat junk at all?

how u know is the fruit that is helping? ^^

I don't eat fruit and i am getting clear.

I eat veggies.

but even if i don't eat veggies i get clear.. ^^

btw i just ate so many junk and no break outttttt

I guess it depends, we all different. ^^

our blood , skin are different ^^

Well, I ate the same largely healthy foods i currently eat and then when i added fruit back i noticed i stopped getting new breakouts so much. I notice that eating more fruit gives my face a sort of healthy glow and when i stop eating fruit that diminishes. For me personally, i find fruit to be very cleansing.