Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I finally ended my 2nd treatment of Accutane with decent results. I didn't have much acne to begin with but I felt it would be good to get rid of it for good because the acne was beginning to become inflammed. So.. Now I'm basically clear minus the scars and redmarks (which don't seem to fade much even after 1.5-2 years).

Anyway I've been having problems with flushing. Pretty bad I'd say. My nose is usually always red and my face can get equally as flushed. I flush a lot throughout the day, from things like putting my head down to coming inside from the cold to feeling like I'm going to flush. I know it's common for this even 3-6 months after tane, but I'd like to control it a bit better. I'm taking flaxseed oil caplets 3 times a day but those don’t seem to help much. I do moisturize every night and then some as well.

The flushing isn’t only in my face, my hands can get flushed like a bitch too. I’ll also get little blotches if I get too overheated. I should mention I’ve always had flushing issues but I know Accutane has made it worse.

Is there anything I can do to help ease the flushing and complexion of my skin?

learn to deal with it is really the best advice cause there isnt an obvious anwser to cure accutane induced flushing

I tend to get this too. My nose never, just my cheeks. An overall feeling of warmth and a little heat or tightness then it goes away. I can feel it come on if I am exercising or out in the cold winter or sitting in a warm room (near a gas fire place etc.).

My derm said it is a common side effect like dry skin or dry eyes. He said he has never heard of being permanent and should go away once the skin regains its moisture 6-12 months post Accutane.

I know on here many have stated that it has stayed for good...so I guess its a roll of the dice, but if there was trade off between flushing and cystic acne that scars, I suppose I would opt for the flushing then scarring?

I may try that oil as well.

People have also said that if you feel it coming on, it is good to take a cool shower (if possible), expose yourself to cool air (step outside for a few minutes) or even sucking on ice cubes. Some say this will stop it before is progresses into a full flush.

Once I started to hydrate my skin for real with Vita oil (which is designed for flushing, rosacea, dermatitis etc) my flushing went away.

I tend to get this too. My nose never, just my cheeks. An overall feeling of warmth and a little heat or tightness then it goes away. I can feel it come on if I am exercising or out in the cold winter or sitting in a warm room (near a gas fire place etc.).

My derm said it is a common side effect like dry skin or dry eyes. He said he has never heard of being permanent and should go away once the skin regains its moisture 6-12 months post Accutane.

I know on here many have stated that it has stayed for good...so I guess its a roll of the dice, but if there was trade off between flushing and cystic acne that scars, I suppose I would opt for the flushing then scarring?

I may try that oil as well.

People have also said that if you feel it coming on, it is good to take a cool shower (if possible), expose yourself to cool air (step outside for a few minutes) or even sucking on ice cubes. Some say this will stop it before is progresses into a full flush.

Once I started to hydrate my skin for real with Vita oil (which is designed for flushing, rosacea, dermatitis etc) my flushing went away.

While you were on Accutane or after? How often do you use it?