Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lin-lin

Acne on Genitals

I had a question about genital acne. I have never had a problem with acne before and any zits that i get now are usually only small ones on my face or shoulders but yesterday i found one large, purpleish red zit on my inner vaginal lip. i really wanted to know what might have been the cause. I have ruled out hygiene. I wash daily. But i do have a boyfriend who has very severe acne on his face, chest, back, scalp and genitals. I know acne isnt contagious but i cant help but feel he might be the reason for my sudden problem. i started getting small white heads on my pubic area only after being with my boyfriend, and now yestderday i found the larger, more painful one. Any thoughts about this?

Maybe get tested for STDs, just in case?

That said, I get cystic acne in my genital area, but I've had it ever since I started getting acne. I've never really been able to do anything for them, besides avoid touching them. I think being on oral minocycline has helped.

Do you have severe acne? like i said, my boyfriend does, and its terrible. he uses Proactiv and it helps to an extent. it only reduces the amount of acne he has, but he still has very bad break outs. he has whiteheads, blackheads, red enflammed zits, oily skin, everything, on his entire body. we found that if he were to stop taking the Proactiv stuff for just a week, his acne breaks out even worse...have you tried anything that has helped out with bad acne?

Maybe get tested for STDs, just in case?

That said, I get cystic acne in my genital area, but I've had it ever since I started getting acne. I've never really been able to do anything for them, besides avoid touching them. I think being on oral minocycline has helped.

Sounds like your B/F should consider accutane..or another oral. I have never heard about the zit on the vag lip but I agree with Addie... You should get it professionaly looked at. Not that its my buisness but did this happen after he performed oral on you...? Or maybe after some banging ...? Perhaps he had an open sore and the bacteria got into a pore down there? I would be very careful when it comes to your genitals and be sure to get a doc to look at it. I don't know if he gets coldsores or not but if he had an open coldsore and was munching carpet he could of given you herpes...At least I think thats how it goes, You can always google it to be sure.

I had a question about genital acne. I have never had a problem with acne before and any zits that i get now are usually only small ones on my face or shoulders but yesterday i found one large, purpleish red zit on my inner vaginal lip. i really wanted to know what might have been the cause. I have ruled out hygiene. I wash daily. But i do have a boyfriend who has very severe acne on his face, chest, back, scalp and genitals. I know acne isnt contagious but i cant help but feel he might be the reason for my sudden problem. i started getting small white heads on my pubic area only after being with my boyfriend, and now yestderday i found the larger, more painful one. Any thoughts about this?

Could simply be blocked hair follicles. No idea what to do about it though. Although a blocked hair follicle would not explain the painful one you're talking about.

I don't mean to be intruding on your sex life here, but have you or your boyfriend recently started using a different kind of lube or condom? If so you might want to stop using it.

Could simply be blocked hair follicles. No idea what to do about it though. Although a blocked hair follicle would not explain the painful one you're talking about.

I don't mean to be intruding on your sex life here, but have you or your boyfriend recently started using a different kind of lube or condom? If so you might want to stop using it.

accutane if he really wants to get rid of it. Its really up to him. Why not tell him to come on down here to the Org and i'm sure we could figure out the best course of action.

I'd say get it looked at and screen for STD's (although I don't think that's what it is BTW.) When you say, your "inner lip," exactly where as far as- inside you (where it's moist) or outside you (skin) on the border? That would really help.

It sounds to me outside, and I'm guessing from your description not genital herpes. I also understand women who have it experience a burning when they urinate, and the fact that you'd had some breakouts there that were whitehead suggests it's not herpes (which is a virus BTW, not acne.) From what I understand (no expert here) herpes outbreaks don't really resemble regular acne all that much. And as stated above, I believe the bacteria could've found it's way in that region from his acne.

As far as clearing him up, there's a wealth of info on this site. I'd also recommend the Holistic thread. Good luck! :angel:

Any type of sore or redness in the genital area should get checked out. It could be a lot of things including acne in the genital area.

With regard to your BF, if his acne is as severe as you say it is, then Proactiv simply isn't going to cut it. He needs to see a dermatologist for the best course of treatment. Over the counter acne meds aren't going to be of much use for him.

Joe Zit