Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incognit0

Right after washing face...

I don't know about you guys, but right after washing my face and in the several ensuing minutes (maybe up to 30 min) my face seems to look less presentable. And then I find it less ugly looking after that time somehow. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I wash off the oils or something and my skin is bare and exposed in all its ugliness.

I've just consciously become aware of this, but for a long time now I realize I've been subconsciously trying to wash up at least 30 minutes before heading out in the morning. Heading out immediately would make me feel really uneasy.

yeh i think this too. when its really hot water it looks ok when the water is still der. although when i wipe the water off, different story. looks messed.

den i leave it for a while, it gets oily and looks a bit ok.

if u moisturise it shud look better.

I get that too. My skin will look shocking for a while after I've gotten out of the shower, and I'll be torn between actually going out and making use of the daylight or just staying home and hiding. :D Haha. I'm pretty sure it's the hot water from the shower that makes it redden the way it does, then when it cools your skin starts to settle... I'm not really an expert. But by the end of the day, my skin always seems to look nicer, even if my makeup has worn off and I'm tired as all hell. Weird how that works...

Maybe when I'm really tired I just stop caring as much. :lol:

I get that too. My skin will look shocking for a while after I've gotten out of the shower, and I'll be torn between actually going out and making use of the daylight or just staying home and hiding. :D Haha. I'm pretty sure it's the hot water from the shower that makes it redden the way it does, then when it cools your skin starts to settle... I'm not really an expert. But by the end of the day, my skin always seems to look nicer, even if my makeup has worn off and I'm tired as all hell. Weird how that works...

Maybe when I'm really tired I just stop caring as much. :lol:

yeh my skin seems to look worse after washing it too, a bit redder. so i have to wash my face about 45 mins before i go out in the morning and by that time it has calmed down. my skin seems to look best first thing in the morning when i wake up before ive even washed it! then later on in the evening after ive been outside in the sun for a bit it looks a lot better then too, weird how it changes!