Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear diary,

Yes thats the word that can describe my mood atm.

Okay, atm i feel like shit. No joke. My face is covered with all these little red glowing bastards all spreaded all over my cheeks and my chin..& to top it off, one big inflamed pimple right on the centre of my nose. i am also developing redish purplish scars...damn unpretty :wall: i feel really low atm, and have been restricting going late nights or going out for coffee with my mates.. just because of ACNE. acne = unconfident = anti-social.

since i've been neglecting these occasions, ive been missing out all the fun..& feel kinda jealous when seeing my mates posting their recent pictures on facebook and myspace. lol

i'm a MIRROR-PHOBIA, i only want to look at the mirror when i have clear skin, or else i become really emo..

i feel really guilty for not going church on Sundays, because i dont want to show my face in front of everyone & to avoid ppl asking what happend to my face (god forgive me). I dont even like to go out in public. if i do go out, i always wear a hat or sunglassses, to conceal my face.

i feel really nervous going to uni this year..coz theres so many good looking people in the campus :wub: ..hahaha..and i dont wanna walk around the campus looking look like thisss. :ninja:

i just hope my acne will go away...and hope to live a anti-free-social life..*fingers crossed*

xox.

Hi,

I can sympathise with you because I am feeling really awful about my skin at the minute, experiencing a 'bad phase' with it and am avoiding going out, absolutely hating going to work at the minute can think about nothing all day but my skin & how people are looking at it.

Have you spoken with your Dr? Are you on any medicaton for your acne? It does help but so does talking on here and even though it cant change your acne or miraculously take it away it helps to know people are going through the same emotions/depression etc.. from acne. I want to say go out and have fun, dont miss out on things but that would make me hypocritical because I do exactly the same, try and avoid going out and when I do am completely self conscious and think about nothing but my skin.

I do hope you feel better soon, try your very best not to let it get you too down. Spend time with family & close friends, people who you feel comfortable around, that really does help.

Hugs :comfort:

I hope the both of you clear up quick as its a nightmare going to work/college etc with red marks an active spots,

I had a biggish white head on my chin and put Zoflora on it ,, o-o big mistake now im walking about with a giant water blister on my chin... haha serves me right :lol:

Funnily enough when my acne was at its worst i didnt feel uncomfortable around my parents or brothers because they knew what my character is like,,

But its only when im in a lift or on a train or in a shop i hated being looked at. :(

But its only when im in a lift or on a train or in a shop i hated being looked at. :(

I know exactly what you mean about lifts - small closed confined spaces where people are close to your face, even worse if they have bright lights and mirrors....

Yeah ,,

It makes you feel vulnerable and you can feel peoples eyes boring into you..

Plus if it looks like you have slept in an open ditch overnight with the harsh lighting.. and floor to ceiling mirrors,,