Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjr2020

my skin after accutane

Hi, i have just finished my accutane 6 months course about 5 weeks ago and the skin on my forehead has been left incredibly wrinkled, dried out and has a horrible texture, is this normal and will it go away with time or should i start looking to have some chemical peels performed on my skin in about 3 months, thanks.

did you moisturize on tane?

from what i've read on here, skin gets back to normal 6 months after stopping treatment. if your skin is still messed up at that point then you can get peels, fraxel, whatever meets your fancy.

From my reading experiences I would not suggest any harsh chemical treatments, only end up hurting yourself more. Just stick to a gentle cleanser and a lightweight moisturizer with a good SPF rating. Maybe some aloe vera on the really dry areas would be a good idea?

I am seven months post Accutane and my skin has not gone back to normal and it never will. I also did get wrinkles on my forehead, the skin texture is fucked up completely, huge scars and redmarks.

If you are in U.S I would get a lawyer right away and sue their asses back to the stone age.

A medical supposed to make your skin better ruins it for life...from what I've heard about the U.S legal system that sounds like a millon dollar lawsuit.

Fuck Roche! I should blow the HQ in the air.

hey,

is this a recognised side effect? (for a small minority even?)

anyway get some anti-wrinkle treatments done if it stays like that and it bothers you.

best of luck,

tim

to answr one question yes i did moisturise on accutane, im going to see my derm tomorrow so ill tell you all what she says and i'll work on getting a picture in the next day or two in the day light because that is where it can be seen best.

I think i have the same thing on my cheeks, but I wouldnt really call them wrinkles - though they are a horrible texture. I'd like to see some pics to compare

that part of me tends to be more oily so i never have to moisturize for years now but i use spf 15 lotion on the rest. will this cause my forhead to be darker than the rest of my face in later years?

normal moisturizers probably didnt cut it you need some type of fatty substance on your skin like coconut oil or olive oil. Leave it on overnight and this will give you real smooth skin texture and elasticity. Also it acts as a protective barrier over the skin and doesnt penetrate pores and cause more breakouts by dehydrating the outer skin like normal moisturizers are designed to do