Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malcolm Cringe

Pump containers? Travel sizes?

Oh Dan, I love that there is a travel size of the BP. I also love that there are larger sizes. I think the new bottle design is pretty nifty, too.

But I have to say, I'm not thrilled with pump containers. I haven't been very successful at getting the last of the product out of them, and I end up wasting a lot. And I can't find a way of cutting them open easily to scrape them out like I could with the crimped tubes. If I were to be able to cast a vote, I'd prefer to use a crimped tube, even if it's just for 4 oz. I'd even take four 4 oz. crimped tubes over one 16 oz. pump container any day.

Also, I do travel quite a bit, and a travel size is great. But I would have liked to see the container be the biggest size that the airlines would allow: 100 mL. I'm usually gone for too long for 2 oz. to last. As it is, I will likely still transfer my (crimped-tube) gel into my trusty 100 mL container.

Are the containers still up for modification? If not, I'll suck it up. I'm honestly just (ecstatically) thankful that you've created the Regimen and made it available to all of us.

Cam >B)

I feel the same.

I am going to be out of country for about a month in summer and I was thinking about how I'm going to take my BP with me. With the old 4oz BP tubes, shouldn't it be possible for us to pump some BP back into the tube? I haven't checked the BP tube yet to see if it's possible but..just a guess.

Yeah I don't like the BP pump. I much prefer the tube. If you're traveling it's gonna be tough trying to prevent leakage and I like to have control on how the amount of BP. The tube is more sanitary too. I see more negatives than positives going from a tube to a pump.

I agree with all you guys, too. I've had a bitch of a time dealing with packing pump bottles, and since I'm moving half-way across the country in June, I'm hoping I can avoid needing to open a new pump BP because trying to get the pump to stick down (if it is even possible!) will make a huge mess and waste BP. The last thing I need is for all my clothes in a suitcase to become bleached by a leaky pump bottle! Thick zipping freezer bags and flip top caps (like the ones that used to ship with the cleanser, which I have wisely saved :)) help with the leaking problem in checked luggage, but not with the wasting BP issue. I have yet to try out the bottled BP, but from my experience with the bottled moisturizer, it's really hard to dispense the same amount every time because it depends on how forcefully or far I push down the pump. I think I might even forgo cutting my last 4 oz tubes and instead pump the new BP into those. You all might consider doing the same if you don't like the pump.

So yeah, my point is that I'm not wild about the packaging changes either. Cheaper BP, awesome. Larger containers, well, it wasn't a priority of mine, but other people wanted it, so fine, I can definitely see the rationale. I think on a thread back when Dan was asking about new sizes, I stated that I didn't want to lose the ability to precisely control the amount of BP I use in exchange for bigger sizes. Pump bottles instead of squeezable, cuttable tubes? I'm not really sure why that switch was made, unless that was the only way to get the larger sizes. If that's the case (and it may or may not be), I think that people who were asking for the larger sizes probably didn't know about that. Based on my BP packaging priorities, I'm disappointed with the changes.

I just tried to see if i could transfer some BP from the pump to my last BP tube and I do not think it's possible without some extra accessories lol. When I twisted the lid off, the hole where the BP would come from is SOOOOO small, transferring BP to another would be quite difficult. I am now a sad panda. :chuck: I bet chuck norris could do it though.

I just tried to see if i could transfer some BP from the pump to my last BP tube and I do not think it's possible without some extra accessories lol. When I twisted the lid off, the hole where the BP would come from is SOOOOO small, transferring BP to another would be quite difficult. I am now a sad panda. :chuck: I bet chuck norris could do it though.

Try a plastic syringe if you really want to put it back into the old tube. Or a rubber syringe. They sell them at the drugstore.

Yeah lol, I checked that out as soon as I heard about the pump bottle switch. And I voiced my objection to the pump bottles as well. I think maybe instead of a syringe, we could cut the hole open just large enough to pump the new BP in... it would come out the tube faster than before, but probably still preferable to those dreaded pump bottles.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with the pump bottles, but I've managed to delay the misery by stockpiling a couple more 4oz. tubes right before the switch. Should last me another couple months before I have to get all pissed off at the 8oz bottles. It's probably just wishful thinking, but I'm kinda hoping that with as much objection as has been voiced, perhaps the tubes will be brought back in the future...

Like I said before, I guess it doesn't really matter, as I'm still going to buy it. I'll just be frustrated every time I do. :mad::(