Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaMajik

Thinking of asking Derm about Accutane

Hey everyone, I don't know if anyone is familiar with it or not, but I've been using Solodyn/Ziana for about 4 months now and will finish up my prescription in a few months that will bring it to 6.

So far I have noticed that I pretty much hardly ever get any breakouts anymore, however the redness all over my face just doesn't seem to be effected at all. Everytime I see my dermatologist he seems hellbent on getting me out of his office as fast as humanly possible, which needless to say is pretty annoying. If I don't really see any improvement I'm thinking about asking him to write me a prescription for accutane. I don't really understand his hesitation to do it before, does anyone here know how likely he is to write me a prescription for it, and any positive stories help too :)

Sorry for the long post. btw I'm 21 years old and have had acne since about 17 and used every kind of acne treatment I can think of.